Got Juniper

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jugnoo, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Got 10K limit from Juniper. Beacon 695.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS...

Did you get 0% for a few months...then 15-16% ?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

0.0% fixed APR is effective for the first four billing
    cycles after you open your account. After that
    15.99% variable.

IS THIS WHAT YOU GOT?
    DID YOU GET AN ANSWER IN 10 SECONDS?

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I can't get the damn card, because its not available to residents of Iowa. Does anyone have any idea as to why this may be?

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Yes George. That's the deal. Do you know if they would negotiate the APR right after approval?

6. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

I got the same deal...They have been absloutely awesome to work with so far. Not available for residents of Iowa, huh?? I guess they figure that there is nothing worth speding money on among those tall corn fields!! :) (I am from Iowa, so I can poke some fun at you, can't I :)

Shanna

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congrats, Jugnoo.

Dani

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Way to go. Congrats!!

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALWAYS TRY TO NEGOTIATE THE INTEREST RATE TO NO HIGHER THAN 9.99%...THAT'S MY BENCH-MARK...

I WAS DENIED THE CARD LAST YEAR (12/20/2000) WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT...

TOO MUCH CREDIT...
    TOO MANY ACCOUNTS...

NEVER NOT ENOUGH INCOME...
    NEVER CREDIT TOO NEW...

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD TRY WITH F.I.C.O. 698...
    But they would find some reason to deny...

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ONE MORE QUESTION...did you do a balance transfer for $9,900?

The reason I ask, is because by wife's B of A account was $100 over the balance transfer amount...

I think I tried $15,000 BT...
    I might try $9,900???

Thanks...

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Has something to do with DELAWARE being the place most card are from...and IOWA FORBIDS IT FOR THEIR CITIZENS!!!

I WILL DO SOME RESEARCH ON IT TO FIND OUT MORE...

13. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I asked for a $3000 transfer. I doubt there would be any correlation with approval though.

14. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I'm originally from Delaware, spent 23 of my 28 years there. Over 90% of Fortune 500 companies are HQ'd in Delaware. Delaware has no sales tax and VERY competative (almost 0) business taxes. Plus, the incorporation fees are cheap (see for yourself at www.companycorporation.com, $99.00 gets you incorporated in hours).

Also, a great percentage of CC Companies are HQ'd there. While attending U of D, almost all of my friends worked for MBNA, Discover, PNC, or First USA. They hire college kids as collection agents and/or telemarketers and pay decent wages. We could pick from 3 8 hour shifts, they ran around the clock, 24 hrs a day. The less desirable the shift, the higher the hourly pay. Plus, we got commision for getting collections paid and signing accounts.

I still have a lot of friends at MBNA. That place has more money than it knows what to do with...I could tell you some awfull stories about how they go through cash (the big boys, that is).

I don't know what Iowa has against it, though. I have honestly never heard of anything like that (not that I am questioning you or anything).

Shawn

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I could tell you some awfull stories about how they go through cash (the big boys, that is).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like that beach front "HOVEL" on the coast of MAINE...with MBNA on the lawn...

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DOESN'T SAY IOWA...BUT IT RELATES...

Why are some credit cards not available in Wisconsin?

If you are a Wisconsin resident you will have noticed that some credit cards are not
    available to you. Wisconsin consumer laws favor consumers (as well they should),
    and that apparently is a deterrent for some credit card issuers. Whether or not a
    particular credit card offer is made available to Wisconsin residents depends
    entirely on the bank, and varies with each credit card issuer.

LIBRARY FAQ...THIS WEB SITE

17. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks...

Thanks Dani, miles, everyone.