Got loan thru CU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Debmac, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

OMG!

Thanks to listning to you all on this board, I finally got brave enough to go to my CU for a loan...

I got approved today! (Went in Saturday).

Granted, its just for $2k (its called a computer loan, for students who need PCs and BOY do I ever!). I tried for Dell and Gateway financing, but this is better at 12.9%

Thanks from a semi lurker...

Deb

2. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

CU are the best. I just transferred all of my monetary business to my CU. I'll keep BofA open for savings only and just because their banks are the majority in GA but other than that....no other bank really matters to me.

Good Luck

3. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

I'm learning that too.... when I first joined (eligible thru my job), I was *really* surprised to get a checking account ...my credit was miserable then--no positives.

I tried to get an auto loan about 2 yrs ago and was told no way... but now with an expensively financed auto loan that's 7 mo old, and 3 postive CCs I got this loan!

I am wondering if anyone knows how this loan affects my score; is it considered an installment loan? My main reason was to establish good credit with the CU so that I can refinance my auto with them at the 1 yr mark (Jan 02) and eventually get a mortgage this time next year...

Deb

4. bingo

bingo Member

As a Credit Union Manager - I love to read messages like this!! The main reason that CU's are more willing to grant loans is because they are willing to "really" look at your credit report and your application, and your situation. For instance, I look at the credit score - but that is only one very small piece of the puzzle for us....we take everything into consideration.

Yes, this loan would be considered "installement", "unsecured", "signature" type of loan - unless its a line of credit (where you can get advances w/o applying - then its revolving).

Now that you will have a good history with your CU - I can bet you'll get approved for the car loan.

5. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your acheivement !

Sister Girl

6. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

THanks to all you smart cookies on this board!

Just from lurking in the past 2-3 months I've managed to get this loan, get the Cap 1 classic (and maybe the CL via planet feedback), get an increase on my exsiting account with a phone call (First primer; had it for 6 mos, paid 50% off every month).. I cant wait for the happy day that I get my car refi thru my CU -- the interest is horrid now, but I realize I gotta crawl back up!

Oh, and I disputed 10 erroneous entries on my EQ report (double entries from my student loans that were consolidated)...can't wait til that comes back...

Well enough blabbering.... thanks TOO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!

Deb