Got my Amex Green today!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Nov 10, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got my card in the mail today. I was hoping I'd also see my Citi cards or my Target Visa, but I guess I'll have to wait until after the holiday... :(

I signed up for the "pay by computer" service. Funny, George, but it did let me pay my annual fee now without waiting for the statement to close. I also noticed the area on the website where you can find out if you are preapproved for other products. The only thing I was preapproved for (obviously) right now was an additional card. How long will it take before I start seeing other offers there?

Also, I was hoping (I don't really know why) that I might have my original "member since" date of 1986 on this card. I don't. It's not really a big deal and I'm not about to call them and remind them of my past history.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

congrats dave - mine is 2000!
    your credit great so you will get others after 6 months .....
    still understated as hell...LOL! dogman

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Go, Dave!

So what are you buying for your Creditnet friends?

Doc

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Doc, you're the one with the revolving credit. I have only the lowly charge card. You should be buying ME something. :)

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

They use the oldest active card as the member since date.

congrats !!

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yaaayyyyyy Dave!!!!!!

7. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Dave,

Congrats! I applied with a pre approved on the website for the Gold charge card.I had a secured optima since 8/00 along with a Green charge. ( au )

Amex didn't pull a report, my secured optima must reflected the payments history with Amex. They approved me instantly. I am very please and happy that I didn't close the secured card.

So, I advice if I may, to the board members that is now holding the secured optima, you may approved for the Amex Platinum prestige someday.

Herman