Got my NextCard statement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, Jul 16, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

And there were two enclosures regarding terms. I haven't had time to thoroughly read every little item, but it looks like the only changes are to the delinquency and cash advance rates.

I can't find anything on raising my purchase rate, or on charging a fee for BTs.

I will wait and see what happens when my balance is transferred out to a teaser rate.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I posted here last week that I got a change in apr. effective August 15th. I plan to pay off my balance anyway. So when my teaser rate changes to the higher rate next month, it really won't affect me.

I am also trying to negotiate with Nextcard now on the new rate.

Jim

3. greyfox

Jim, I never had that teaser rate and my original APR was 12.99%. That may be why they haven't raised it. It's still my lowest rate, (I'm working on the others) and does have the rewards program. I'm not carrying much of a balance, tho...this month's finance charge was $3.44.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M WATCHING THEM LIKE A HAWK...If my 9.99% goes away...there card goes...

WIFE'S E-MAIL RESPONSE...I KNOW EVERYBODY IS CURIOUS!!!

Re: SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE
    NextCard Customer Service

Date:
    7/16/01 11:49:06 AM

To:
    XXXX X XXXXXXX
    Case:
    360XXX

Hello from NextCard!

Thank you for the email. As all you previous messages replied to have stated no fees
    can be waived; also you currently have the lowest rate for your account and it cannot
    be fixed. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to write back for
    further assistance.

1-888-974-2265

Thank you for choosing NextCard!

xxxxx xxxxxx
    NextCard eService Advisor

18.99% IS A DONE DEAL...SO HER NEXT CARD ACCOUNT IS GONE 08/15/2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I (SHE) SHOULD PAY IN FULL LESS THE BT $100 FEE AND LET IT RIDE!!!!!!!!!

5. greyfox

George, I've forgotten...did you try PlanetFeedBack on this, and what was the result if you did?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NO PFB...JUST E-MAIL ON THEIR WEB SITE AND BY PHONE...

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Actually, I see some humor here in regard to my situation. But only mine because in the end, I will just keep Nextcard as a good tradeline and nevercarry a balance. I really prefer to pay every card off every month.

The humor is this:

For 20 years, I had the finest of credit and never thought about it.

For 1 year, I had a credit nightmare but really never thought about it.

For 2 years, I restored credit without much problem but never really thought about it.

THEN I FOUND THE BOARD BY ACCIDENT - So far in July, I have "raised cain" with Robinsons-May, Capital One and Nextcard.

Jim