Got Preapproved Mortgage!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

My ongoing saga of homebuying occured yesterday. Went to meet with our broker to get preapproved for a home loan. I was really impressed by her. Explained every sheet to us gave us copies of our credit report and numerous other papers. I got the good news last night. We got preapproved for what we asked for. I'm so happy! We put a contract in for a home last night and so far haven't heard anything back (crossing my fingers). I really want this house. The trimerged credit report has more errors than our regular reports. Hubby had three Victoria Secret cards reporting and my Discover card showed closed even after I called them on it three months ago. But, that actually helped us, through. I have put all the credit cards in the freezer and will not touch them until after settlement (if we get that far). I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm so happy and appreciate the advice everyone has given me.

Dani

FYI: Got my scores Experian (730), TransUnion (713), but no Equifax score. When she pulled our reports Equifax reported nothing on me, but they reported hubby's tradeline so I'm not worried about it. I can pull my Equifax anytime.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats, Dani! I'm so excited for you!!

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you, Nana. Hope you're enjoying your new home.

Dani (hope to be a homeowner soon)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That is GREAT news Dani, congrats to you.

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mom.

Dani

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congrats, Dani!

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you, Marci.

Dani

8. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Got the house! Woo-hoo! We go to settlement November 30 - only because my house right now is nothing, but a big hole in the ground. I'm so excited. I don't know how I'm suppose to wait another four and a half months. It feels like forever.

Dani

134 days to go!

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow..Dani..great news. It is going to be so exciting to watch the house go from the ground up. Do you get to pick colors and stuff?

We really thought about that but didn't think we could handle the nerves of the wait. We are big babies, in other words. LOL

But, having a brand new one..wow...that is the best!

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Nana,

They allow us a selection of colors to pick. We get three choices for the exterior and then three choices for the inside walls, etc. I'm giddy. Did you get your kitchen all done? How do you like it?

Dani

11. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! Great job!

My2kgt

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

How cool, Dani!!! You'll be changing your mind right up until the deadline I bet..LOL

No, kitchen is not done at all..I have one little wall I have done (I mean a little speck of the whole kitchen) and I really like it..LOL..so about 6 inches is perfect..the rest has to be done..AHAHAHHA...

13. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thanks, my2kgt. Congrats again on the Blue card.

Nana, you're at the best part of home owning - decorating. I'm so jealous. I can't wait to get in there and slap some paint and wallpaper up. And then comes the furniture....hubby will love that bill.

Dani

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Dani, ain't it the truth? And, hubby is so ..well..whitewall focused..you know..doesn't this off-white look nice? If he's really feeling daring, we look at antique white. LOL.. I keep trying for colors...sigh..maybe that's why decorating is taking so long..and to be honest..he's the cook around here..so I'm having to defer to the fact that he's in the kitchen much more than me. (But I got my chickens up in my 6 inches..so there..! hehheehhe)

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ARE YOU HAVE IT "WIRED" ?

There is some new wire system that is done at time of framing...cable, phone, internet, speakers, etc. to every room...

16. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

George,

I don't know. We haven't met with the contractor yet. Just ratified the papers last night. We're suppose to meet with him and his agent next week to go over the plans and colors, etc. I'll ask him about it. It would probably be easier than waiting until the drywall is up and then cutting into and around it.

Dani