Got score, is there any hope?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jodie32, Oct 2, 2001.

1. jodie32

jodie32 Member

I just received my equifax score...471...is there any hope of improving this by x-mas?

No wonder why I have been declined for even a gas card!

Also is there any info out there on how these scores are tabulated and what your score increase will be with each deletion?

Jodie32

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Always Hope, get disputing on the 3 bureaus online right now, dont wait for tomorrow!!

471 is bad, it takes Time (or removals) to get better.

The way credit works for the most part (Credit cards). You can go from bad to poor, or bad to fair, but until those negatives are Wiped from your report completely, you will not go from bad to great credit.

I'm stuck in the "zone" of bad credit with 665 score. Until the 7 year comes close, none of the good creditors will touch me (cept citibank) and plenty of the subprime creditors want me business.

It takes time, and much disputing, but eventually it will get better. The older your negatives, the less of an effect they will be. But it only takes one "baddie" to ruin your whole report..

3. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Jodie,

When you got your Equifax score, you should have gotten a description of what factors are making it so low. For example, I had the following reasons stated when I pulled my score (682) this morning:

Too many inquiries in the past 12 months
    Length of credit history (my oldest acct. is 4.5 yrs old)
    Too much debt in proportion to credit limits
    (there was another one similar to this but I forgot)

See if you can find out the reasons for your score being low. Do you have any derogs like chargeoffs, BK, collection accounts, etc? There are a lot of people posting on this board who are really knowledgeable about fixing this kind of stuff.

Anybody think this might be a case for Bill Bauer?

Good luck to you--keep us posted on the progress I know you will make! :)

4. jodie32

jodie32 Member

How do I start disputing online? Where do I go, what do I say? Is there a one stop shop for this info.

I have my three in one reports, do I send individual online disputes for every item immediately, togther or seperately or do I have to spread this out over time.

Also if I dispute online, do they reply online?

Thanks in advance

Jodie32

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

There's always hope. You can improve any score. It may take you a while to reach 700, though.

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Log on to www.equifax.com, www.experian.com and www.transunion.com. It is really self-explanatory when you get there.

Do it now, but I don't dipute every item at once...I've had good luck doing 5 or 6 at a time. I also recommend disputing the same tradelines on each report for ease of tracking and dipute the ones that updated the longest time ago first. (If they updated last in 1998 it seems likely that the account will fall off before one that was updated in 2001)

www.creditexpert.com gives your updates online. The CB's have sent all other updates via snail mail.

Hope this helps!