Got the A4 today!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Oct 15, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Even with my dented credit, I was approved on the S4 LEASE (41K) at $3500 down with $495/month (after taxes) with a 4.2% money factor interest rate.

Couldn't do it. Insurance, ownership, i had a change of heart!! if i'm going to lease a 41K car it'll prolly be a 330i bmw, but now for me right now!!

Financed rate for new A4 was 7.6% which i feel is fair (since i have derogs on my report)... Coulda got a few percent lower with a 700-710 score and a previous car loan that was of a higher amount according to loan officer.

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Sweet! Enjoy it!

What color did you end up getting?

Shawn

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

WONDERFUL SAM! YOU DOG!!!!!

I am happy buddy - you just gave everybody here
    GREAT NEWS!

Other crap is happening, but we can all think of your ass driving that ride!

TERMS - great - get on and live life, Sam - you earned your way into an A4 DUDE!

San Francisco Maxima honking buddy :) Dogman

NOW DETAILS: ABOUT THE CAR:
    OF COURSE, if there is a direct AUDI link to a picture of your ride, we want to see it!
    NOW -
    color
    stick?
    options?
    sunroof?
    etc?

SAM - an interest rate of 7.6% IS PRIME!

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Just clicking in again on this one SAM!
    We all knew HOW MUCH you wanted that car!

I am SO HAPPY for you.
    later dogman

5. mj

mj Well-Known Member

6. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Yup ... it is time for a road trip : )

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

got an 01, I'm not teribbly fond of the 02, too much plastic on the ones, and they wouldn't even talk price on the 02. 30.5K or no 02 (since only one was on the lot)... Like I'm going to pay MSRP on a car.

The 01 was an alright deal, had to walk out on the guy to get the deal, they wanted 8.75% APR through VW credit. I walked. As i was getting in the car, the finance guy called me back in, and pulled out a completed chase manhattan finance sheet with 7.6% and said sign it right now, and its yours. Saved $900 (15/month) by dropping a point in interest!!

Car was purchased at invoice price, btw. They originally wanted invoice + $1600.

It's santorin pearl effect blue (deep metallic blue). By far the best car for the money for me. Beautiful inside and out.

i've never bought a car so quickly in my life. Gave them a check for half of the down, and put the rest on my plat select (selling my old car friday). Signed about 10 times on paper, took 2 minutes, said thank you here's the keys, now get the hell out. Strange.

No proof of income, no call verification at work, no lease, etc. Show us your insurance/dl and here you go. My GF had to go through HOOPLA for all kinds of document verification, etc. Of course i applied for credit using FAX a week earlier. Those dealers just want to jack you around on (price) and (financing)!!

8. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Congrats! I love that color!

9. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

So happy for you SAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy it !!

Keisha

"Waking up from a credit nightmare"

10. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Sam
    Beautiful car! Congrats. Happy for you

11. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Audi...NICE ride!

Congratulations!

12. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Nice taste...sweet ride.

Congrats Sam.

-Om

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

That dog will hunt - midnight blue - damn LOL!
    well done!

Also might reflect to the world that every kind of business is hurting. SAM, I bet they will approve
    people with far worse credit than yours - to sell SOMETHING!

Best - dogman

14. mj

mj Well-Known Member

santorin blue ... SWEET! I've got ming blue pearl effect - word to the wise - careful on the car washes - swirl marks show on this color! The fanatics on audiworld have lots of advice to offer.

-mj

15. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congrats!! That is a sweeeet ride!!

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

only my hands will be washing this car!! Audi's are a wonderful bargain for an exceptional car. Took the car back today to get the windows/detailed since i picked it up after the hours. They gave me a crappy jetta to drive around, loaner cars rock! The level of service on a 26K car is superb. Interesting how much nicer the sales guy gets after the bargaining is said and done!!

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I always used IVORY dish washing soap in WARM water.
    Never on a very hot day.

Now that the STINKEN' SNOW ruined the paint, I USE THE RAIN WASH METHOD...

18. supershawn

George-

Dish soap is awfull for your car. Don't ever put it on there.

They are manufactured with removing animal and vegetable fats from fired porous ceramic. They can literally remove a layer of finish each time you use them.

They also contain trace elements (where the rings in your sink come from) that can be all but impossible from your paint.

For some reason I have a feeling that A4 is going to be gently carressed with a meguires solution and buffed with a diaper almost weekly - I know that's how it would be babied in my garage......

Shawn

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

supershawn
    meguires solution
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This stuff has No chemicles in it???

20. supershawn

Sure it does, George. But they are 'nice' chemicals :)

The chemicals in Dish detergent are for attacking hard surfaces like porceline that have been 'fired' with an extremely durable surface.

A car coat, however, is 'soft', easily scratched and removed. That;s basicaly how a thorough 'detailing' works...kinda takes a thin layer off to get to a clean layer below.

Now, I know some detailers WILL use liquid Ivory soap as the first step on really poorly waxed cars with a lot of 'build-up'. It will really 'strip' it down.

But, they follow that up with several other steps of paint polishing and conditioning that would negate any of the negative effects.

Using the Ivory every time, for every washing, without doing anything else to the finish can actually remove the paint from the car. It can also leave hard mineral deposits that, especially if contaminates are trapped underneath, cause corrosion.

One of my personal faboties is seeing cars riding around with wax still on them 'hardening'....one of the 'old wives tales' that leaving it on a day or two before buffing it off will make it last longer. I think they were just too tired after putting it on and wanted an excuse to take a break! LOL

Shawn