Got TU report today : (

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by doodyhead, Oct 30, 2001.

1. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

My score is 487!!! Well, I knew it was bad... but 487? ugh! Citifinancial is reporting 2 chargeoffs seven times. I am really upset. There is also a collection from someplace I've never done business with, I don't even know who they are.

Citi is EVIL.

2. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Hang in there, once you get the charge offs off, you should at least get 5 of them removed, you'll be surprised how your score will go up. My hubby was at 485 about a month ago and now he's at 545, still aways to go but we just started trying to fix his.
    Stick with it, you'll be amazed at how things can go your way with a little hard work!
    KHM

3. doodyhead

what if they don't remove them - they have to, dont they?

4. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

If they are all referring to the same 2 original accts I would think they have to. Check the reports closely, look for the same acct numbers, or the same owing amount, something. Most people on the board say to first dispute it as not yours. I had a charge off that I disputed til no end. I tried EVERYTHING, I was about ready to tell them the sky fell on my house and buried me for 6 months, but one of the disputes I did worked on all 3 CB's, if I recall that one wasn't reporting the right charge off balance and they removed it.
    Also did you pay these charge offs? If you didn't rumor has it you have a lot more bargaining power. Also make sure you send a validation letter to the creditor, if they can't validate it then it has be removed. I'm sure the creditnet vets could give you a lot more advice. I just thought I'd give you a few pointers seeing as we're online so late. Keep me posted.
    KHM

5. doodyhead

it IS all for the 2 original accounts - same open dates/balances/etc. but they are reporting with different acct #s, very distressing

6. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Hey Doody, at least TU knows you are you :)

7. doodyhead

Apparently they think I'm twice as many as I really am. LOL

8. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

I am feeling your pain. My TU report is garbage also. But I am encouraged and refuse to let them win. Let's get them by working the plan that folks here have worked. I am so sure that in six months I can have some decent scores and begin to move up from "subprime hell".

I am inspired. what can i say. I am an optimist.