Goy my welcome call from Amex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I received a phone call today from Amex welcoming to their company:) Now it feels official, even more so when I actually get the card .

I know several had mentioned the rewards program, they asked me how I planned to use the card, honestly with a family of five we hardly travel anywhere except camping LOL, so I said mainly retail for now, So I just enrolled in the points program for the moment. Now we do maybe travel once a year, but I don't think that would be worth it to enroll on the other program?? Just not sure I know Dog mentioned a program, just want to get all the perks I can.

Mom

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Goy my welcome call from A

Mom you are now " A Member". Sizzle!

roni

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Re: Goy my welcome call from A

Congrats mom, I was just wondering did AMEX customer service mention your spending limit or will they determine this after a couple of billing cycles?

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX Talks to all Cardmembers

OK Mom - this will be fun...how did you like the service?
    Give us the impressions :) Dog

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I took points too!

Mom - I aready have 7000 points (obviously I have spent $7K
    with the Green Card since July). Their REWARDS CATALOG is superb! And you get things like magazine subscriptions (gifts) for like 400 points.

They also have that luxury cruise to Norway for two or four at XXXXXXXX points :)

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Yeah BUT RONI You're Citibank

Hi R - it's great about AMEX, but you set the standard for all those that got Citibank. And, I would have gotten it except we found out Citibank keeps records flagged until paid off.

ALL of us are succeeding - month by month :)
    CYA Dogman

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Citibank was a lifesaver.

I have had some great approvals since getting those Citibank tradelines. For that I am thankful. I feel much better walking into the mortgage game. Amex won't give me the time of day. But one day they will when I have perfect credit and a score throught the roof....HeeHee. I can dream can't I? I wonder how much a mortgage will help my score.

roni

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Dog

Well so far I am quite impressed with the rewards and am looking forward to the welcome package so I can see everything they have to offer. The rep was very nice and explained everything in great detail, although I had trouble hearing everything my dear daughter was screaming from the top of her lungs LOL. She asked if I wanted to add anyone to my account, I am going to add hubby but I didn't do just yet.