Gramm-Leach-Bliley Privacy Act

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bkonner, Jul 6, 2001.

1. bkonner

bkonner Well-Known Member

Howdy,

NCO Portfolio Management and Creditrust violated a Cease and Desist order they received a year ago (see separate post). In the letter I just received, the following act was noted: the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Privacy Act, 15 USC sec 6801 et seq." Does anyone know anything about this act?

The collection agency was told not to contact me almost a year ago with a signed certified letter, but they have been violating this demand recently. They also re-aged an account that went into collections over ten years ago. No judgement was issued or could be issued on this account, and I will NEVER pay this debt.

Any way, if any one knows something about this act, I would be grateful to get some information.

Thanks,

2. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

They are contacting you as required by law to let you know that you have the right to opt out of them sharing your information. They have every right to have your information and try to collect. This issue is an SOL problem and a legal issue where they are re-aging accounts. Check your previous post for what action to take and who to talk to.