Great deal from Nextcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Aug 14, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I have a balance of about $4,000 on my Nextcard. They give points each time you use the card. I got 87 points for $4,000 in charges, or one point for every $46 in charges.

I only need 5000 points for a $50 gift certificate at Red Lobster or 25,000 points for a roundtrip ticket on American.

By my calculations, they need to raise my credit limit to $230,000 so I can get the Red Lob gift certificate or to only $1,150,000 so I can get the free round trip ticket on American.

GEORGE: I know you like Nextcard. Do you think they will raise my limits if I explain that I need the gift certificate at Red Lob?

2. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

What a rip off! How do they expect you to benefit like that? Oh, wait, silly naive college me - they don't want you to get freebies :(

Steph

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I LIKE NEXT CARD WHEN THEY FOLLOW THE ADVERTISED INTEREST RATE.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The point system is NOT for BT.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD GET 18.99% (AFTER 9.99% FOR 3 MONTHS) OUT OF MY WIFE, even though they advertise 9.99%. They also thought they could get $50.00/BT.

MAILED FINAL PAYMENT.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT WHEN I (SHE) TOLD THEM THE FINAL PAYMENT HAS BEEN SENT, AND THE CARD WILL SIT IN THE SOCK DRAWER UNTILL THEY GIVE (HER) THE ADVERTISED INTEREST RATE...9.99% NO/BT FEE.

Re: FINAL PAYMENT SENT
    NextCard Customer Service
    Date:
    8/14/01 1:19:07 PM
    To:
    XXXX X XXXXXXXX
    Case:
    395XXX

Hello from NextCard,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the balance transfer fee and how the interest
    is accumulated was stated to you in the terms of the account. We are unable to
    refund either of those back to you. If you have any further questions please do not
    hesitate to respond.

Thank you for choosing NextCard.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXXXXX
    E-Service Advisor
    www.nextcard.com

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Nextcard was founded by a former Providian VP. They're used to Providian-like interest rates.

Saar