Great non CHEXSYSTEM Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by themyles, Sep 12, 2001.

1. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

I just opened an account by phone with Marketplace Bank. They only used my Equifax credit score. I got checking, savings and 500.00 overdraft protection. If you need a bank apply by phone if you have a decent Equifax score. Mine is 657. A word of caution if your score is lower do not go for the overdraft protection it could get you denied totally.

I am listed on the chexsystem so I know they do not use it.

Good luck.

2. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I have had my checking account for atleast 5 years now and have bounced maybe 3 checks in that time period, But they made no big deal and i paid them right back..It wasnt for much just little math errors..However i tried to get overdraft for $200 and was denied but that was like 3 years ago..Maybe i should try again..My experian score is 673

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Can you give us an internet URL?

4. themyles

Here it is. Again if you have a low score do not go for overdraft protection just the regular checking and savings account.

http://www.marketplacebank.com/

5. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I joined that bank that gave us $50.00 for opening account mentioned here earlier somewhere, Who ever made that post thankyou! May i ask what is this chexsystem do?

6. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I see now Thankyou

7. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

I tried them and got turned down and I didn't apply for overdraft protection...they do check your Chexsystems I told Chexsystemsbites but they didn't respond. sent them a copy of the letter stating that they looked into my chexsystem record...so don't do them if you are on the system...a very good bank that will take anyone and give you a visa with direct deposit is

www.fsnb.com

8. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Are they for the military only? I need an account in my name BAD!!!And CHEX has me!!

9. themyles

I`m sorry did you apply by phone? If you go in person they may pull chexsystem, but definitely not if you open the account by phone.

10. themyles

Not a military bank...they are for anyone (Marketplace Bank)

11. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

any one can get an account there i am not military. I promise you they will give you an account. Trust me on this!!! I got 2 chexeck system listings and one was recent as this year..go for it you will not regret it...apply for the visa check card after you establish direct deposit. they will give it to you with no problem. :)