Guaranteed Cell Phone from AT&

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Oct 11, 2000.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I know the feeling of not even bothering to sign up for cell phones because of the credit checks and the refusal to put money down. A friend of mine who works for Bell-Atlantic (Verizon) told me that AT&T will give you a phone if you give them a major credit card. I just gave the guy my debit card.

Once I did that, he gave me the phone so it worked for me. And back then, I did have issues. Just thought I would share this after reading the past thread on AT&T.

Mike G.

2. kyla

kyla Active Member

RE: Guaranteed Cell Phone from

Mike,

Did you have to put down a deposit of any kind? If not, just a credit card worked?

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

RE: Guaranteed Cell Phone from

I did not have to put down a deposit. The cust. rep came back to me after getting on the phone and checking the credit and talking to someone and asked me if I had a credit card to take out automatic payments from.

I said yes. They gave me the phone. This is exactly how my friend from Verizon explained it to me. Hope this helps.

Mike G.

4. Jim R.

Jim R. Guest

att plan

at&t has a plan for the credit challenged that have sub prime cards. the catch is they will mail bills to you and if you fail to pay they deduct from your cc account.. if the charge is declined your "shut off" untill paid.. i've been using them and they are GREAT.. you get all the bennies of a "regular cell phone" !

5. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: att plan

Thanks a million to all who replied on _this_ incredibly helpful thread. I am off to get a cell phone from AT&T. Previously, I was using Bell Atlantic (now Verizon), and they required a $200 deposit...and we all know how much _that_ can mess with those generous sub-prime credit limits.

Cheers,
    Cindy

6. Jim R.

Jim R. Guest

check this cindy

www.telstreet.com

you can even purchase thru them.. they have a great site with all major cell plans in your zip code

7. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: check this cindy

Jim,

Thanks! I will indeed check it out...I'm tired of not having a cell phone.

Cheers, and have a great weekend,
    Cindy