guaranteed offers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by janice, Apr 3, 2000.

1. janice

janice Guest

has anyone dealt with companies that offer guaranteed loans (personal, bill consolidation etc.), like from Abacus or from IFS credit services? you have to pay a $10-25 membership-type fee to access their information. is it worth it???

2. JP

JP Guest

General rule of thumb on these deals is if they want $$$ up front, then its not a good deal. Think about for a sec, you pay $25 to borrow $10K. Would any respectable company charge you to borrow funds?

Regards,
    JP

3. janice

janice Guest

makes sense. i would be buying a list of "maybe they will, maybe they won't." supposedly, such companies will refund your fee if not approved. a moron i know told me that you can restrict CRA's from giving out your info (he had some form from Lexis-nexis, a consumer database company). what's the scoop on this?

4. allie dand

allie dand Guest

Janice,It is not worth it. There are many
    companies out there that have some great
    deal's without the "membership-type" fees.
    Al

janice wrote:
    -------------------------------
    has anyone dealt with companies that offer guaranteed loans (personal, bill consolidation etc.), like from Abacus or from IFS credit services? you have to pay a $10-25 membership-type fee to access their information. is it worth it???

5. janice

janice Guest

how is it that these companies can get a list of creditors that can offer you a "second chance" and us regular people can't? my eyes and wrists are a bit achy from surfing the web, plus i keep getting the same information/companies no matter what search phrases i use. any suggestions?