Guess what I bought today?....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by WranglerTJ, Aug 16, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what I bought today?....

I know what you mean...

I was born and rised in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA...

"LEFT COAST"

2. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

george...

you were "rised"??

I guess that someone as good as our GEORGE couldn't simply be "Raised"

Hee Hee!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what I bought today?....

TYPED TOO FAST???

WHITTIER!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what I bought today?....

I AM ROYALTY...

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

actually when i worked writing credit bureau software i dealed alot with on site reps.

it was HIGHLY against equifax policy to ever show the report to the customer.

The only thing you could show them was the RESULT of the score based denial (NOTE SCORE WAS NOT AN OPTION TO SHOW).

You would setup ranges of scores for a pass/deny system, and then the result codes from equifax would printout on a DENY.

This was all you could show them.

DENY: REASONS
    PASS: NOTHING

Of course rules are meant to be broken/bent and as long as we don't make a big deal about it, many places will bend this rule. Although they CAN indeed get into serious trouble if the credit bureau felt like yanking your account, and losing your business *KEY POINT*.

They can't really afford to lose business lol, its so profitable.

But if you sued equifax or the company for this they'd probably crack down on it.

I'm sure TU/EXP have similar rules.

It's all in your social engineering skills btw (bull s..ting), most everyone that i've applied to, i've been able to get to show me the report with score.

99.9% of the time the score was lower than what is on the equifax fico site.

It would be possible to alter the SCORE on the fly while parsing your report, and lower it. This would be illegal, but who are you to say its not right?

Since you can't see the report, (equifax rule) and can't pull the same type of report (auto for instance) based on the model they are requesting and there are many.

One could simply write a routine that parses the score line, subtracts 15 points (consistently) then prints out the report.

Lol. thats just hypothetical of course. Its very well easy to do. It would take me less than a hour to write a program to call up the bureaus, upload the requests and download the reports and do tricks on them.

The protocol is quite simple.

So when you see that report that doesn't look like the same score as what you saw online, who is to tell if the company has hacked their software?

Likewise the reverse psychology trick could be used too, give you a higher score to make you feel good, but not high enough to meet the nicer tiers. Damn you're one point off from getting the good rate.

Ever have that happened to you? hmm..

Think about that for a minute..

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have to be held to a higher standard being ROYALITY...

...and I have to try for BETTER THAN THE BEST...

99.44% PERFECT

7. polarisa3

polarisa3 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Guess what I bought today?....

In NW Indiana, and Chicago, they seem to always pull TU (my lowest score.) I went through PEFCU (Purdue Employees Federal Credit Union) (still pulled TU) and I was able to get a '03 Toyota Solara @ 6.6% (used 17k miles) for 13K (was delivered Sat.) My wife refinanced her '02 Galant from 7.15% to 4.79%. The difference is that I have a BK from '98 and a TU score of 635. while her is 727.

PolarisA3

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Since you can't see the report, (equifax rule) and can't pull the same type of report (auto for instance) based on the model they are requesting and there are many.

SO THIS WAS NOT ENACTED BY CONGRESS OR THE SENATE OR ANY STATE GOVERNMENT??? EQUIFAX "INFERS" IT IS A LAW???

9. Marydjw

Marydjw Well-Known Member

So, what actually determines success in lowering a high rate of interest on an auto (post BK)?

How long do you usually have to wait to attempt a refinance and what helps to increase your credit scores during the interim???

(I was thinking of trying for a refinance in about six months??)

10. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

You will want to raise your score enough to put you in a higher TIER in order to be considered for a better rate. IE, if your score is 600, and your lender uses 580-620 as a TIER to put you at 12.9% you should wait until you are 621 or above.

Rule of thumb for most lenders is 12 months of consecutive on-time payments.

11. Marydjw

Marydjw Well-Known Member

Thank you, Chipper, for your response.

I'll give it a try after 8/04!