Hal you were right!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Russ, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ Guest

Nextcard said that "we're not permitted to speak to anyone who records our conversation without our permission". Well, by the same token, They always record mine so why should I speak with them. I just hit the feature on my answering machine that says "Im sorry I cannot take your call, please call back another time".then it automatically hangs up on them.
    They declined my offer to pay what I could monthly so I'm not dicking around with these idiots anymore to re-age the debt.scre* 'em. For all you who make smart comments to me.....don't bother I'm not hearing you.

2. Cal

Cal Guest

This idiot Russ owes Nextcard money and he refuses to pay them. He has the nerve to be upset with Nextcard because their trying to collect

Don't worry knucklehead, I won't say anything smart! It would be like having a battle of wits with someone who was unarmed.

Cal

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Russ,
    Do you want anyone to make comments/suggestions? If you do, please indicate that in your message.
    If you do not, you should not post regarding this matter since this is a board for support and improvement, everyone will naturally want to give ideas and suggestions.
    thanks
    AnnMarie

4. Russ

Russ Guest

um, nextcard is calling me with false statements to get me on the phone. One woman called and told my girlfriend that she just got off the phone with my dad and needed to speak to me. I thought something happened to someone in my family! They said I cant record our convos but it's ok for them to record mine! I really tried workinf something out with them but it wasn't good enough so to hell with them.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Here I go!

Russ,

They gave you a card (in good faith), you charged on it, therefore YOU OWE THE MONEY! If they don't want to negotiate with you, then oh well! Why should they? IT'S THEIR MONEY!!!!!!!! So just because they won't agree to YOUR terms on THEIR money, you are going to blow them off and not pay? Sounds a** backwards to me!

Don't get me wrong, yes I don't know the full story but I don't need to. Bottom line: You charged, you owe! Simple. I know their collection tactics may be questionable or whatever but YOU OWE THEM MONEY.....do you expect them to be nice about it? Would you be nice to someone who owed you money but wasn't making an attempt to pay? Probably not! I know you made an offer to settle the debt and they weren't trying to hear it. In that case, you need to just send them what you can or try to talk to a different person about paying. You can't get blood from a rock, right? They should understand that you want to pay them but can only do so much.

6. Cadillac408

Validate?

Why are you going to make them validate a debt that you honestly owe? Oh.....the morals thing......I get it. Nevermind...

7. Russ

Russ Guest

Re: Validate?

hey I respect the way we all look at situations differently.....We all handle things differently depending on our bio-psycho-socio influences.thank you all just the same!

8. Cadillac408

Russ

I hope you don't think that I was trying to bag on you. I wasn't and I apologize if you took my post offensive.

The bottom line, is you have to try to figure out another way to negotiate with them. First of all, like Lizardking said, the phone calls need to stop! Do everything in writing. Write them and tell them that you really want to pay them but are limited. Hey.....if they are smart, some money is better than none, right? They have no choice really..

I hope you get it all worked out because if I've learned any lesson, it's: CREDIT IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

I've learned my lesson, blieve me!

9. Cadillac408

Lizardking

I totally hear what you are saying. I agree with you in regards to paying the original creditor. That is what I chose to do. I don't deal with collection agencies either. And you are right....they are so easy to run off! I hate collection agencies w/ a passion! If the original creditor doesn't want to take payment in exchange for deletion, then that's their stupid mistake. Money is money! But then it all goes back to the morals thing I guess. If an original creditor would accept payment but would not delete (only update) then I would still fight some but after a while, if they didnt' budge, I would still pay them. Why? Because I feel that it's the right thing to do. They extended me credit on the notion that I would pay them back. I would feel like a thief in a way if I didn't pay them......BUT THAT'S ME AND MY PERSONAL FEELINGS.

Yeah.....don't let them b.s. you, they can delete if they want to.

I understand about the paid collection versus a non paid collection. There has to be some incentive to pay (aside from morally doing the right thing). Some people don't have morals when it comes to their debt and that's on them. I am not hear to judge anyone and I don't think you are silly by any means. You have provided on this board what people want to know in order to get their credit back in check. There are many ways to clean and fix your credit. It's just a matter of what route you feel comfortable taking.

10. Russ

Russ Guest

RIGHT!

I agree with you both. Definitely.....Right on.peace!

11. Richguy

Richguy Guest

Some Comments

To MP$40: We have a moral obligation to pay the original creditor. If they sell the debt, I think we should only pay a collection agency that behaves in an ethical manner. If they aren't ethical, then they may have a legal claim, but we have legal rights as well.

To Russ: I'm glad you're finding out what the real world is like. I hope you won't throw any more pro-CRA, pro-collection agency, anti-credit repair propaganda at us. Or any more pretensions to legal knowledge, either. You should worry about paying your lawfully contracted debts, not about recording phone conversations.

To Lizardking: I agree with your comments related to credit. Put me on your hardball team. :)