Handling Follow-ups

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JQ, Jan 8, 2001.

1. JQ

JQ Guest

Thanks for the help! I've got another question for the group! I have atleast two items on my report that I honestly have no idea what they are. I have disputed them and they have come back verfied. I have then followed up with a prove it or remove it letter to the address given to me by the credit bureaus. These letters have gone unanswered. I don't understand how the credit bureaus can get verification and I can't. How does the FCRA apply to the actual creditors and how do I go about getting this proof? What do I do if they keep ignoring my letters?

Thanks again!
    JQ

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Did you send them certified? I wrote a letter to a dept. store once and didn't send it certified so I had no idea that they even received it. About 2 1/2 months later the items were taken off my reports. Sometimes it takes time and they won't contact you (in my case they didn't contact me) and sometimes they don't take you seriously because you didn't send it certified. Actually, I had 2 items removed and the co. never contacted me, they just removed the itmes. Good Luck.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The credit reporting agencies answer to nobody, SO THEY DON'T CARE.

If prove it or remove it letters don't work, get a phone number and try to call to get the information from the business.

Previous posts have said that things have come back verified, then they check with the business and the business says we were not contacted by any credit reporting agency about your account...SO THEY ALSO LIE...