Happy Holidays / Ho Ho Ho !!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Dec 8, 2000.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi everyone - been working hard building that internet so all you out there can snap your Christmas purchases online :)

Its been a good year - overall due to all of us helping each other on this board.
    We share information and report on practices that allows credit to be made available to more of us, sooner than later, at reasonable rates.

I look in my wallet now in Dec 2000 and see the Amex Green Card, the Visa Gold Check Card from my bank, my AMEX Membership Bank Card.

Last year I had the FCNB, Cap One and Providian. I still have those, but at excellent rates (after you all taught me how to negotiate with them about limits, etc, interest rates.)
    FYI - THEY only reduced rates after I received the Amex Green Card. (I thanked them, but now I had AMEX, I was evaluating which cards to keep :)) BUT, they are in my drawer.

I expect with Junum slowly getting the reports improved, and with my perfect payments since the chap 13, particularly with AMEX reporting R1, I think I'll have a pretty good rating within about another year.

I have to say Amex instantly solved any credit limit worries when traveling, "holds" on your credit when renting a car, etc.
    YUP, gotta pay it off every 30 days - who cares? I did fairly well $$wise in 2000, bought a high-definition TV - SONY WEGA / RCA HDTV decoder / DirecTV PLus satellite dish, all on the Amex without a care. DirecTV makes you run a credit card for payment for the monthly service B4 they even sell you the DirecTV satellite.
    AMEX - no problem - never will be bothered with an overlimit charge or overlimit email (like Discover advertises).

TECHIES - YES - HBO broadcasts 24 hrs a day in HDTV, and yes its frickin lovely. The picture scans at 1080i - almost 2x clearer than DVD, 10X clearer than cable, all hitting a satellite in the southern sky over San francisco! It was my Christmas present to myself. No problem either - I knew what I wanted :) I was pleased when I got a gift I really liked!

HBO is well ahead of the game in HD which surprised me. Their logo on the HD station is: "HBO. Its not TV. Its High Defintion Televison." And it is!!! The Discovery HD
    broadcasts are beautiful as well.
    ================================
    Sorry - Back to my Holiday Greeting:

I won't begin to name ANYONE here on the board who has helped me get where I am now - just because I would leave somebody out.

I think we're all doing GREAT - and we'll continue to help each other get back to
    prime. Let's keep on going- EVERY ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS IMPROVED SOMEHOW THIS YEAR!!! RIGHT? THINK ABOUT YOURSELF! We're all better off right this moment because we know and care about each other. I thank you all.

Happy Holidays all! I'm proud to "know" all of you :)

Dogman

2. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Happy Holidays / Ho Ho Ho

Happy Holidays!

One day I will be like you! You give me hope and inspiration!

I too have learned a lot! Thanks to you and many others!

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to you and everyone

Congrats to your success! I'm hoping next year I'll be singing the same song. Til then I'll take my "mini" successes and run with them.

BTW I received good news today. I signed up for Equifax's credit watch 30 day trial. And I was excited to see that a collection account I've been working on was finally deleted from them. Which means it's gone from all three. Yeah! One down - a few more to go!!

Good fortune to you,

Kelly

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to you and everyone

Congrats to your success! I'm hoping next year I'll be singing the same song. Til then I'll take my "mini" successes and run with them.

BTW I received good news today. I signed up for Equifax's credit watch 30 day trial. And I was excited to see that a collection account I've been working on was finally deleted from them. Which means it's gone from all three. Yeah! One down - a few more to go!!

Good fortune to you,

Kelly

5. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Hey Dogman,

Great to see you. Was wondering where you had disappeared to.

C&C

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to you and all. We at CreditWorks are marking our 4th holiday season in business. It has been a struggle to get participants into the program, we have not met our goals of $2,000,000 in loans by 2000, but we continue to benefit from better credit and to help our few participants achieve lower rates and higher limits.

Best of Luck in the New Year!

http://www.creditsense.com

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays Dogman. You are truly an inspiration. I agree with you 100% about the contributions everyone has made to this board. We have received help & helped others. This has been great! I have learned so much in the 1 1/2 years I have been on this board. There were facts about credit I NEVER knew. My credit has improved by leaps & bounds & in a few months I will have excellent credit. I can't wait! I thank everyone (except for booby... I mean bobby)on this board. You have all helped me tremendously! Have a fantastic holiday! :)

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Thank you guys!!! Before i found this board, i had like 0 credit, much bad credit, now i'm working on my reports, and everything will be clean by 06/03 !! I have $5500 in credit, which i'm only revolving 10% each month, and working hard to keep down, and grow my credit.

Thanks to you folks who provide such invaluable help!! You know who you are!

(this sounds like a AA meeting, oh well)

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks DOGMAN, same to you. Several posters have come so far and other are well on their way. How did we all get there or how will we get there, from this board and the people that post here. We learn from others mistakes and from other triumphs(sp). I am so glad I stumbled upon this board a year or so ago. I am sitting in much better shape than I ever imagined and still have some climbing to do but heck I am going to get there, we all are. Happy holidays DOGMAN, I'm glad I met you along my journey:)

Mom

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Same here Killer - Merry Christmas to you :)
    Dog

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

See Kelly - that collection beast fell off :)

I have a bunch of stuff to be removed over the next yr or so. Good job!

Dogman

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

hope this email finds you in good health and heart - glad to cya CC :)
    Ho ho ho - Dog

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Creditsense - you always have great advice.
    Maybe we can work together in 2001 - and you can show me more how to leverage my credit.

Eventually, I want to carry only AMEX (no limit), Visa or MC w/ $10K limit, and a check card.

THEN - I will dump all other cards.
    That combination I am actually getting now - but my Visa Gold Chk Card isn't a credit card. I only want one - I have more than 10K
    credit lines on the cards on the 3 cards now in the drawer.

CYA Dog

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Miles, I always knew we'd like each other if we ever met. You always have a thrilling attitude about everything you write.
    You're probably pretty funny after a few glasses of Christmas "eggnog" also :)

CYA on the next one - Dog

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Lets face it - we can talk freely and honestly about these things - partially due to the fact that no on is ever embarrassed. The theme names allow us to be more open that with our neighbors!

I still think we were a huge contributor to nailing PROVIDIAN and CROSS COUNTRY. We also realize (THX Roni) that Citibank gives them out unless you have charged off citi in the past.
    We also know the a lot of people want an Amex - secured or not. Jason, particularly, has been superb in helping us understand what Amex offers and how to work to obtain it. Jason is the best public relations person at Amex - and he likes his product line. I do too!

The list goes on an on. ONE THING - Doris
    is still trying to improve her humor (go back and read the FAKE CARD post) a few days
    back. And Mom I still imagine is having to wrap more presents at her place - I know she got several good cards or upgrades this past year!

I hope you have a great 2001! I think it will be a year of great benefit to us all.

(Sorry, but I am a white guy in SF, and have learned and appreciated a lot of asian influence in my philosophies)

CYA Dogman

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I feel like we know each other Mom - and I am smiling now thinking about your post when you couldn't get your husband to challenge Amex!

I am still laughing - is he watching TV while you shop, cook, work, buy, take care of the kids,.....?

I personally want to say how much I enjoy you too, Mom!

I admire your persistence greatly. I love the way you are dogging and calling to get stuff fixed or deleted. Soon you will have no negatives and your choice of offers and credit limits will be virtually limitless.

Ho ho ho - 2001 will be continued rapid progress towards our goals. I'll try to upgrade my sarcasm level at least one notch! :)

Dog

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Oh yes, he is more stubborn than a mule!! Yes I look forward to the day when both our reports are clean as a whistle. mine should be very shortly if Providian would get off their butts and fix my late. I sent them another certified letter, this time I included my original letter, their response telling me they would correct it and another letter statting that I want this corrected
    ASAP and to notify me when they have contacted the agencies. Just goes to show that almost a year of disputing with them finally paid off, damn I am persistant:) But hey that's how you have to be with some of these creditors, never give up especially when you are right. Of course our utlimate goal is our house, hopefully this time next year I will be sitting in it and decorating for Christmas. Keep posting DOGMAN and don't change a thing:)

Mom

18. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays Dogman,

I have to echo you and everyone else. You and this Board has truly been an inspiration. If it wasn't for your success with Amex, I would probably still be carrying their secured card. There are so many others that has truly helped this Board, and you know who you are.
    I'd like to send a special shout out to
    "Ms. Roni." Thanks to everyone.

Have a Happy & Safe Holiday :)

LadyC

19. miles

miles Well-Known Member

:) You're right about that! I try to limit myself to one glass, but something inside of me changes that limit quickly. I think the liquor talks to me! :)

20. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Dog, we will be here. Leverage those lines and you will be singing an even happier tune in 2001.

Best wishes!

Herb
    http://www.creditsense.com