Hard Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, May 9, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I called experion yesterday about the e-loan and they said they can not do anything, I must contact the person who inquired and they will have to take it off. She said I can not dispute it at all with them. I don't think this is what I am reading on this board but now I am not sure. So can a person NOT dispute hard inquiries from the CB????? I have others that I would like to dispute but I will not waist me time writing to the CB'S if I need to go through the company that pulled it.

BTW the man from e-loan called me last night and assured me it will be taken off from experion. He said if it wasn't off in a couple of days to call him back and follow up.

2. jean1221

jean1221 Well-Known Member

Yes that is true you have to write to the companies that made the inquiries, to have them take it off. If you did not sign a contract for them to pull than they have to removeit. But the pain is that you have to write to each company, maybe more than once to have it removed. Good Luck...

3. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Just wondering if it would be easier to call the companies (finance dept., whatever) vs. writing them...they'd get fed up w/ you on the phone and just do it...

just a thought..

4. Saar

Saar Banned

You have every right to dispute credit inquiries w/ the CRA's if they were done w/o "permissible purpose" but coded as such anyway. The FCRA does not exclude inquiries from its scope. However, the CRA's generally have a policy of not doing anything about it. The only way to address it is to flood the FTC w/ complains till they investigate, or file a suit, either private or class-action.

Saar