Hard inquiry question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Jun 7, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I bought some furniture last year on a deal where there is no interest for 6 months if paid off before the end of the 6 months. If not, interest is charged from the date of purchase. I could not pay it off in time so they set up four payments, as they originally said they would. Before extending credit, they pulled a credit report.

They then sold the paper to American General and I make the payments to them. AG contacts me weekly with offers to loan me more money. They have pulled a new credit report (a hard inquiry) each month since they got the loan. I pay on time as agreed. I do not desire any of their products.

I now have three hard inquiries on my Equifax report based on this one small loan. And, I will probably get more because I have two more payments.

I assume that when I bought the furniture that I gave the store permission to order my credit report when necessary. But I never said AG could.

Can I get the AG inquiries removed? Can I get them to stop pulling my reports? Who do I talk to? The local office or the main office? Their local office is within walking distance of my office so I make the payment in person.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD DISPUTE ALL INQUIRES OTHER THAN THE FIRST ONE...