Hardest Companies To Deal With?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CASPER72, Jul 26, 2001.

1. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I was curious as to who are the hardest companies to deal with they you have had experiences with?

I have settled judgements with Beneficial, Sears, and American General. I was curious how hard they are to get off of your reports?

Also I was curious when you start messing with creditors that are not paid does that awake sleeping dogs since some of my creditors are not paid and they have discontinued contacting me? I have not heard from several for years!!! Like Dillards and JC Penny's. Really Dillards has not contacted me for at least 3-4 yrs and it is scheduled to drop off my report in March of 2003. But they are still reporting as a charge off to the CRA's as of June 2001.

JC Penny's is the same way! They have not contacted me for several years and it is to drop off in March of 2003 and it was reported as a charge off as of 9-2000.

I am just not sure what to do since alot of my debt is scheduled to drop off in 2003. 10 of 13 items (not counting judgements.

Any advise?

Casper72

2. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

If they haven't been paid, and they aren't bothering you, I would leave them alone. If they are unpaid, they will usually come back verified, cause they still want the money. They may not have you're current address, and you will be giving it to them if you dispute the accounts.

3. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Depends what is the sol in your state? If the sol has expired I would send them validation letters. It works, as long as the sol has past.

4. CASPER72

I think the SOL in my state (kansas) is seven years. Now from what date do I take that?? I think the SOL would be up the same time they fall off my report

5. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Aren't judgements processed through the courts? I have a few paid judgements, and when the CRA verified, they sent the request to the court where the judgement was granted.

If I'm missing something, let me know..

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

nationwide credit they refuse to take off an item off my TU but I ma currently working with the original creditor to have it removed.

Cypri:)

7. CASPER72

cypri

are you having any luck with them removing a judgement?

8. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

My hardest to deal with are Sears and Beneficial National Bank. At least Sears has some truth to it. Beneficial's remark is totally false and they won't responde. my latest dispute with them hits 30 days today. I'm ready with a validation letter and court papers to follow that one.

John

9. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I don't have any judgments, Its a collection account and get this they claim by law they must report the item for seven years or they lose their privileges with the CRAs.

If that is not BS, I don't know what is.

Cypri:)

10. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

As far as creditors go the worst by far has been First USA Bank. They are just plain nasty and don't care about their customers. I had to write to the president of the company before I even got a response and even then it was with an attitude. If I wasn't buying a house I would have told them where to go.

As far as credit bureaus go, the worst is Merchants Association Credit Bureau. They are the TU affiliate located in Tampa. Even when you send them proof that a negative entry isn't yours it takes them forever to make a correction! I can't wait to sue them in small claims court. Right now I'm in the process of completing my paper trail.

Manny