Has anybody been truly denied?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curious, Oct 15, 2000.

1. curious

curious Well-Known Member

Just curious since this thread starting regarding Citibank if anyone has actually gotten denied for real. I mean we have seen some people get denied and still get the card and most others have been approved, just curious if anyone has truly been denied??

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

RE: Has anybody been truly den

Yes i have been rejected for their platinum select.Why?Because when they take my outstanding balances,and they include my open lines of credit when they compare it with my income they declared it would be a burden for them to open up a suckey $1000.00 limit min.Well i can't @!#$ about it after all i have over 40K in limits in just 4 cards.LOL

3. curious

curious Well-Known Member

Just curious when you received that denial letter, I have read of 2 instances where people received letter of denial then received card about 4 days later?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

none of the people here you are talking about applied for the platinum select.

5. ble103

ble103 Guest

No i didn't recieve their card after they turned me down.I just added an inquirie to my credit file but it will not damage my credit rating thank god.

6. ble103

ble103 Guest

It really shouldn't matter what type of card i applied for.The fact the matter is i got declined for a citibank account all togeather.I am not trying to be smart or anything.Just telling the truth on citibank's denial of credit to me no matter which card i have applied for.

7. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I was denied for the AAdvantage Card. I received a denial letter last week. They said I had too many inquiries over the last 6 months. Most were from Eloan. I made the mistake of filling out an application there for a mortgage and received several hits from that. Anyway, the interesting fact is they told me I applied in August when I know I had not.

Mike G.

8. David

David Well-Known Member

How many inquiries did you have over the last 6 months? I believe Roni had something like 25!

9. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

They told me I had about the same.

Mike G.

10. David

David Well-Known Member

Hmm. I have 12 in the past six months, and I was instantly approved for the AAdvantage silver. I was denied by Discover for excessive recent inquiries, etc.

I went ahead and applied for the Citi Platinum Select afterwards, and they didn't process a credit report online; they did it at 10:35 last night! (I have TransUnion credit monitoring). I will call first thing tomorrow morning to find out whether or not they approved the Platinum Select application.

11. B

B Guest

I was truly denied for the silver. Received the letter on Oct. 10. No card yet. My denial code was "Record of Bad Debt"

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It does matter since that card is harder to qualify for. You missed my whole point. To the creditly challenged that application my be a wasted inquiry. We are not all equal here. Thus, your turn down for a platinum card would not equate to someone else's classic card. Cant you see that?

13. ble103

ble103 Guest

Yes i can see that.You are right as far with getting a lower status card.But could you answer 1 question for me to understand?How come citibank grants a lousey 1K limit on their platinum select?Is it truley platinum as it speaks or is a big joke on their credit card product?You have made a good point on quailfying on their so called platintum.We need people like you to offer advice on different credit qualications on any credit card product no matter which bank it is from.I will watch for your posts on tips to getting alittle extra credit to my advantage.I mainley need it for balance transfers to move back in forth on.I am credit wise,and i wan't to excerise my credit responsibly.Keep up the good work on your advice.Have a good night.

14. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

For a Platinum card, that is a pretty small limit, but if you're dealing with Citibank, I wouldn't worry about it. If you maintain a good standing with them, they will take good care of you. Also, keep in mind that the Platinum card does carry some extra perks, regardless of the credit limit.

15. Harry

Harry Guest

Has anyone been declined online?