Has anybody ever heard of....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Feb 9, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Beneficial Tax Masters of Bridgewater, New Jersey? They are listed as an inquiry on 1 of my credit reports. I have no idea who they are and cannot find anything on them.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Tax refund

Have you done a rapid refund with your taxes?? I know they are one of the banks that issues those type of check??

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: Tax refund

Are they associated with Household bank?

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Tax refund

Not sure I know last year I did the rapid thing and that is what bank was used and showed up on my reports, when you do the rapid refund they do run a credit check on you

5. K.G.G

K.G.G Guest

To:LKH, Did U check out W.Coa

Hey did drive over and check that company out?

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: To:LKH, Did U check out W

I was on my way to check it out when I got paged and had to change directions, (never fails). But, I will do it tomorrow morning and report back.

7. kev

kev Guest

To: LKH, Kool,tomorrow...

........if they are open!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh No! I t hink I know.

I think I know what that is......I got too much of a tax refund back in 98 when I filed at H & R Block. So I had to repay the difference. They put is on my credit report that I paid them. It is listed as a paid R1. Do you have something like this go on.

roni

LKH wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Beneficial Tax Masters of Bridgewater, New Jersey? They are listed as an inquiry on 1 of my credit reports. I have no idea who they are and cannot find anything on them.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: Oh No! I t hink I know.

Well sort of. I did my own taxes and took them to H & R Blockheads to e-file for me so I could get the refund loan. Well, due to an incorrect w-2 in 97 the IRS say I owe them $1049. So my loan didn't go thru. H&R says I will get the differance of about $600 back this coming Friday. But they have never given me anything that I had to repay. Also the inquiry shows as 1/29/01 and I didn't file until 1/31/01

10. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: Has anybody ever heard of.

They are on my report also. It's because I filed a rapid refund one time. They also do a pre-screen to see if you qualify for the current year and send you out a pre-qualified offer. And yes, they are affiliated with Household Bank, they're actually the same banks.

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: Has anybody ever heard of.

You are right. It is Beneficial Bank. I have gotten refund anticipation loans from them for 5-6 years now and this is the 1st time they've run my credit. No where on the loan form does it say they may run my credit. And my report shows them running my credit 2 days before I applied! They are going to hear from me on Monday.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

U need to call them. They probably did the inquiry because they were gonna give you the money. I got the money and then I had to pay it back. It was only $300. If it is only an inquirey dont worry about it.

roni

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It is only an inquiry but the thing is they have given me the loan like I said for 5-6 years in a row and have never pulled a report. Also, what bothers me the most is that the report was pulled 2 days before I asked for the loan.(according to my credit report) But, I will absolutely call Monday.

14. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: dont use those loans. robb

I mean i filed and asked for a check, and got it in like 2 weeks. It will be at most 2 weeks for direct deposit refund.

The $30-$80 the loan center charges isn't worth it!! thats highway robbery rates!

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: dont use those loans. robb

In that case you are exactly right. However, with the refund loans I had gotten in the past years, I had my money in 2 days.

16. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

and another thing that pisses

is that I called H&R Blockheads and they act like they have no idea who Beneficial Tax Masters. When I found out who they were I called back to H&R and spoke to the manager. I asked him where in the loan docs does it say they may run a credit report and why didn't anyone at H&R tell me about this. The idiot had no answer.