Has Anyone Dealt With Mercury

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shari, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Shari

Shari Guest

I purchased a car through GMAC in 97'and my account was sold to Mercury Finance Company. I have had nothing but trouble from this company and was wondering if anyone else had any bad experiences with them or knew of any consumer class-action suits against them. I live in Texas.

They attached a 6 month insurance policy to my account for $1,900 plus other fees after I had just made the last payment and picked up my car when I refused to pay. They did not put a repossession on my credit, but charged a repo fee and forced me to sign another contract with 18% interest in order to get my car back to go to work that day. This is just the tip of the iceberg with them, just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with them.

2. SIERRA

SIERRA Guest

I DID....

I HAD A CAR LOAN THROUGH THEM. AND THEY TRIED TO DO THE SAME THING WITH THE INSURANCE BUT I HAD PROVE THAT I HAD INSURANCE. THEY REMOVED THE FEE AND THAT WAS THAT.

NEVER HAD ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THEM. EVEN GOT A PERSONAL LOAN THROUGH THEM. THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT FINANCED ME WHEN NO ONE ELSE WOULD. PLUS THEY REPORT TO ALL THREE CREDIT BUREAUS UNLIKE THE FINANCE CO. I'M WITH NOW. THEY ONLY REPORT TO EXP. I LIVE IN IL. AND THEY TWO MAIN BUREAUS THEY USE HERE IS TU AND EQX.