Has anyone disputed EQ online??????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

An account I disputed on-line with Equifax - as not mine - has disappeared from my on-line report.

The 30 days EQ has to investigate the account has not passed yet. As a matter of fact we are nowhere near the 30 day limit.

I would like to think that EQ has agreed with my dispute and that the item has been deleted from my credit file. However...

Keeping a sense of humor here, I am also suspicious that the item will be reinserted.

Has anyone else experienced this - when disputing on-line with Equifax?

Thanks,

Jim

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Did you pull another online report or use the same file number to start another investigation and look at your status?

If you re-enter the same report number, it will not show up. If you actually pulled a fresh report which has a new #, sounds like it's deleted.

If you have any questions, call for a status update.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Bkev

Thanks for the info. I take nothing for granted with EQ. What I actually did...

Was to use one confirmation number to start 4 different disputes on 4 separate dates.. When I did the 4th dispute I noticed one (1) disputed account was gone. The other 3 disputed accounts are still showing.

But I remain suspicious of EQ.

Jim

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I just looked up - my disputes confirmation numbers - And got conflicting and inconsistent information.

My view is that if I really want to know - I should pull scorepower for $13. However, I don't care enough about the disputes to do this.

I expect the worst and will simply wait for results in the mail. Believe it not when it comes to EQ all I can say is LOL!

Thanks again,

Jim

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

When you dispute an account with EQF they drop that account from that credit report #, but it will appear as under investigation on future files until completed.

Don't waste the money. Call EQF Monday and ask for a status of the investigation. Doesn't delay anything and even better, doesn't cost a penny.

6. pat9100

pat9100 Well-Known Member

my results with disputing with equifax were nothing short of amazing... 12 deletes in two disputes, filed within days of each other.
    i am pleased