Has Anyone ever done this

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Candi, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Have any of you ever gotten the cb's to add information to your file? I bought a car at a, buy here pay here lot. I paid about 7,000. for it. I always paid on time and thet gave be a great credit refrence letter. I am going to write a nice letter and ask, what do I have to lose. I need to buy a new car soon and it would be great if I could get this line entered.
    thanks,
    Candi

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Candi-

Sorry I didn't resoind to your email yet, it has been a long morning.

I am still working on getting my mtg added to my report, I have no news, good or bad, as of yet.

I will post as soon as I hear.

Shawn

3. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Shawn,
    It's cool, I figured you were busy, and decided to see if anyone else had tried it. I'll be watching to see how much luck you have.
    Fingers crossed. ;-)
    Candi

4. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

I did that once. I had bought and paid off a 1985 pickup, paid in full and no lates through my hometown bank. I paid it off in 1989 and they didn't use the credit bureaus at the time. Your best bet is to call your local bureau affiliate and ask them to "run a check" on something, tell them your name, the dealer's name, the year, make and model, etc... Of course, those were simpler times, but it might still work. Good luck!

5. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Thanks struggler, I am going to mail out my requests and see what happens.

6. Fat Jake

Fat Jake Well-Known Member

I had a car loan only reporting on one CR. I was trying to purchase another car from which the dealership used a different CRA. The 1st bank wrote a letter on the 2nd banks request. They told me this is just as good as the CRA entry.