Has anyone here had GULF STATE/ OSI

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Jun 25, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Has anyone here had OSI Collection Services send you a bill and claim that Gulf State is the original creditor of the debt????

I am about ready to sue these people and I wanted to find out if they done this to other people this ??

Thanks

MartysGirl

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I have had both on my CR's.. I had them both deleted on my reports however doing validation letters and disputes through CRA's..

4. MartysGirl

Thanks So Much Breeze...

I am posting this so EVERYONE will know the HELL I am going through....!!!!!!!!!

I looks like OSI bought a fraudulent account and are trying to defraud me and claim that Gulf State is the "Original Creditor". I caught this today when I went to my lawyers office who pulled old paper work(Discover) showing the exact same total!! I want all of you to know what kind of problems I have had with them b/c they are so stingy... they think if they drive me crazy,,pass the same account around several time and to different companies, I will give in and pay an account that has never belonged to me...!!!!!!!!!!! JUST for the record I found out about this account Jan. 15 2000!!! And yes.. Discover knows it is a fraudulent account as of Jan. 16,2000. I have also sent in all paper work needed = police reports, affidavits, and anything else they have asked me for. It has taken Discover over a year to finally get One Fraudulent account that multiplied into 3, thanks to them, deleted from all 3 CRA's!!

I can say... it's HELL and my life is forced to be on hold until my name is cleared...!!!!!! This month after receiving all 3 Credit reports I finally thought everything was going to be ok!! After all, I have only had to debate this with fraud for the 33rd phone call and 17 letter sent C.R.R(no B.S.) It's obviously they try to take advantage of those who don't understand credit!! It is sickening the routine they put me through and asking me to explain everything to them b/c it is SUCH AS LARGE AMOUNT!! Well EXCUSE me DISCOVER.. but aren't you the dumb a** that gave them the account in the first place!!!!!! YOU TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED... instead of me having to explain to your fraud department everything they have done wrong beginning to end and send in everything over and over again!!!

THEN .... Finally, last month they deleted all of the accounts!!!!! AND KNOW this..!!!!!. BOY... I don't know who I should sue first....!!!!!!! DISCOVER or OSI/GULF STATE .... maybe I should just sue them BOTH....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you guys think???????

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO SUE...TO SAVE THEM TIME AND COURT COSTS AND LAWYER FEES, JUST SEND YOU A CHECK FOR $5,000.00...

:)

6. MartysGirl

Thanks George...!!!!!

That made me smile... ;-)

MartysGirl

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

10% FOR ME?

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sue 'em all girl! Surely you have had this cost you a lot of money. Negligent, malicious, defamatory...
    Go for it. Like George says, they get the summons, they'll just send you some money.

breeze

9. MartysGirl

Thanks Guys.. I just wanted to see what you guys thought..

If I can sue them in small claims court then I will!! BUT.. if I have to have a lawyer then it's pretty much out!! I have spent so much money already and feel I haven't gotten anywhere! My credit will never be like it was nor will anyone find a lawyer who can clear your name with creditors or with a CRA. That's pretty much your own job. That's why I spend many hours on this board and lots of others dealing with ID theft.

But.. I am really considering taking them to Small Claims Court in my state (7,500) and theirs (5,000). I am really sick of all of this s**t!!

MartysGirl