Has anyone info on if sprint w

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 30, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

does anyone know if sprint will report our accounts anytime soon. Just curious.

2. R

R Guest

RE: Has anyone info on if spri

Local, long distance, or PCS?

3. Banking Di

Banking Di Guest

sprint does not report positive account
    status, although they do report negative
    account history.
    applying for service with sprint does leave
    an inquiry on your credit report.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sprint. PCS. sorry.

pcs, sorry.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

oh, ok I didnot know that??? Lets try again. Does anyone have any info if sprint pcs will start to report our credit info. Those who emailed them about this have you heard anything.

6. banking di

banking di Guest

sprints subscriber number is for retrieving
    consumer files only..........
    the only bureau that sprint reports to is
    Dun and Bradstreet, in which it reports the
    activities of companies with major pcs account information.

sprint will not be reporting data on consumers, they were given the opportunity
    to report through direct mail box, and down
    load their data through metro2 format and
    they declined saying that it would be to
    costly.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

they suck.

8. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Only if you screw up

I think they only report negative information.

Although my ATT Wirless account which is perfect is on my credit report now.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Only if you screw up

I know eboni, sprintpcs pulls your credit, puts an inquiry there and doesnot put your perfect payment history on your report. aholes. anyway i am switching once my contract is up for that reason.

10. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Try ATT

They report your accout even in good standing. ATT is reporting mine, much to my suprise.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Try ATT

I heard that before, AT& T here I come.(in the future),

12. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

When I got my cellular service from Bell Atlantic (now Verizon) they didn't pull an inquiry, nor do they report the account. Utilities typically don't report accounts to the CRAs. They are more likely to pull a credit header to verify identity than a full report.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry J. Edgar, Sprint long distance and sprint pcs pulled my report with a hard inquiry. MCI also pulled it last year when I switched. Peco electric pulled my report to give me power in Pennsylvania last month. Even, First Union pulled my report for my checking account. That is in addition to chexsystem. Verizon/bell atlantic asked to pull my report and I refused since I have been a customer for years. They gave in. Utilities are pulling credit report on a regular in 2000.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU CAN REFUSE TO GIVE UTILITIES ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT REPORT...JUST DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR SS#

ALL THEY WILL ASK YOU TO DO IS PAY A DEPOSIT...MAYBE $300.00???

OR...IF YOU HAD PERFECT PAYMENT HISTORY WITH A LIKE UTILITY IN AN OTHER STATE, HAVE THEM CALL FOR HISTORY.

15. ryan

ryan Guest

In Wisconsin, Ameritech will pull your credit report, although I don't believe they ask for a deposit unless you've had problems with them before. Wisconsin Electric doesn't pull a report, but DOES report your monthly payments to the bureaus. (Which I found interesting) Never seen a utility do that before....
    Oh well, just one more positive tradeline =)

16. pat

pat Guest

RE: Only if you screw up

does anyone have negative info from a Sprint account on their credit reports?

if so, via which collection agency?

17. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: Try ATT

I am very pleased with AT&T Wireless so far. I did not know that they reported to the bureaus; that is a BIG plus in their favor. In order to get the phone I did have to provide a CC #. I just received the first bill and I am on a plan that does not allow me to incur over $200, but that's fine.

Cheers,
    Cindy

18. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member