Has Anyone Tried Household Sit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

Has anyone tried applying on-line for Household cards. It says instant response.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Has Anyone Tried Household

I got a car loan from household, but was turned down for any credit card that they issue.

roni.

Killer wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Has anyone tried applying on-line for Household cards. It says instant response.

3. Killer

Killer Guest

thx...If you roni were turned down then I know I will be!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No necessarily. But I suspect that you would be. Citi & Chase are the only prime-like banks that have given me a chance.

roni.

Killer wrote:
    thx...If you roni were turned down then I know I will be!

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I have a Household card, my credit sucks, but I don't think I applied online. If it's something new - I definately didn't apply online.

Kelly

6. lostinplac

lostinplac Guest

Doesn't Household Bank, now own Orchard's Bank credit card accounts? When I eventually get to check my Orchard card online (very slow and sometimes, "iffy" site with webtv and aol), I see banners for Household Bank. If Household Bank, now own's Orchard's credit card accounts, I would think that anyone with an Orchard's credit card, with get some special consideration for a Household credit card. Just thinking outloud, lostinplace

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Was instantly appoved for the Gold Mastercard
    back in August. No annual fee, pay bill on line no charge. Have a 3.9 balance transfer option for six months. You apply for their Gold and if you don't qualify they will consider you for the standard mastercard.

8. Killer

Killer Guest

How's your credit?

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Fairly good, no lates, no negatives, etc.

10. LynnB

LynnB Guest

I also got a car loan from household...haven't tried the cards yet...any input??

11. 777

777 Guest

Household Bank does own Orchard Bank.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

well, since I have an orchard account and Household turned me down 3 times because I applied for 3 cards that they serviced not knowing it until the rejection came in the mail, I dont think that is true. But dont base you opinions on my experiences. Everyone turns me down.

roni,

lostinplace wrote:
    Doesn't Household Bank, now own Orchard's Bank credit card accounts? When I eventually get to check my Orchard card online (very slow and sometimes, "iffy" site with webtv and aol), I see banners for Household Bank. If Household Bank, now own's Orchard's credit card accounts, I would think that anyone with an Orchard's credit card, with get some special consideration for a Household credit card. Just thinking outloud, lostinplace

13. cpr

cpr Guest

I applied for the GM Platinum card online in Aug. Household Bank provides these cards. Received the card but did not get instant approval.

14. Killer

Killer Guest

Do you recall how long between applying on-line and receiving an answer by mail? Or did you receive the card without a reply to your application?