Has my credit been re-establis

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by paul, Aug 30, 2000.

1. paul

paul Guest

Ch 7 in 1998
    Sears 2,900 credit limit
    Gmac lease for 8,000
    Providian 2,000 credit line
    Capital one 1,000 credit line
    Capital one 1,000 credit line(second card)
    Orchard bank 300.00 credit line

2. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

RE: Has my credit been re-esta

Paul,

Did you apply for the Sears charge or did they send you a pre-approved offer or and offer to apply for their card.? It seems as though your credit is being restored as time go by, that is good. I'm really curious about the how you got Sears because I received an offer to apply for an account with the but I haven't applied as of yet I am debating becasue I filed BK in 1998 a Chapter 13. Thabks for any information you can supply.

3. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I don't know!!! I have a couple of late pays from 1997 and I think I am doing a good job of re-establishing my credit.
    Discover--$1500
    MBNA--$5500
    GM CARD--$1500
    NEXT CARD--$500

However, I cannot get an auto loan to save my life!! I really don't know what the problem is! Do a couple of late pays (1x30 on three accounts) from 1997 really make a difference??

4. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Simply Put- Yes

Paul,

Yes you have re-established credit. In the literal sense of the word "re-established".

But the majority of the cards you have are still sub-prime. Once you begin receiving prime offers pre-approved via mail, you'll know you have established "good" credit. I am personally in between re-stablishing credit and having "good" credit. But every day that we work on it, it does improve.

Congrats on the creidt that you do have, and have patience as "time" is your best friend now.

Peace,

BarryN

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Simply Put- Yes

Hey Barry - hope UR doing well :) Dog

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

try creditland.com. If that is all you have i am sure they will find a lender 4 u.

7. paul

paul Guest

RE: sears

When i filed ch 7 in 98 i had the sears card already but since i had no balance at the time sears was not included in the ch 7.However at the time i only had a 1,500.00 limit after the ch7 i asked for and was granted a credit line of 2,900.00.Hope this answeres your question,

8. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

RE: Simply Put- Yes

Doing good... thanks for asking.

Peace,

BarryN