Has prime made new lower standards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by on the go, Nov 10, 2001.

1. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Not to complain but I will be 6yrs. out ch. 7 still showing on 2 reports in Jan. . In the last 8 wks. I have obtained new cell , new laptop from dell, new car at 0%, a Citibank Plat. at 5k, and just out of the mailbox my new Chase Plat. 11k. . I am freaked!!! The phone , comp. , ok. Was surprised about the car, got the pre-approval in the mail for citibank hought what the heck, and then when people were saying Chase had lowered standards thought why not, it came. WOW!!! Just wish I just hadnt used all those inquires . My last big goal is Amex. . Just thought I would share for those out there with Ch. 7.

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Has prime made new lower standa

I don't think prime card issuers have conferred with each other and agreed that they will now issue cards to slightly higher-risk individuals. If anything, the trend is the OTHER direction: It's becoming more difficult to get even sub-prime credit cards because the economy has put the squeeze on those issuers who have taken on more risk.

A far more likely scenario is that you're qualifying for an increasing number of higher quality cards simply because your bad credit history is aging and your recent payment history is excellent.

Doc

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

There are some cc issuers that will not issue any credit with a bk on file. (Exceptions have been noted on this board) Some of those issuers are-

Monogram (Home Depot)
    Amex
    MBNA

Best regards,
    Mirage

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Target seems to be giving their Visa to people in the medium to medium high risk category.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT STANDARDS...BUT SALES ON CREDIT CARD ARE DOWN BY 20%...