Has This Ever Happened To You?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, May 10, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

CHARGED INST.on purchases made on a card with a credit balance.

Charged over limit fee when account not over limit.

Late charge inposed for month when card was overpaid.

Charged a late fee because they threw your payment away.

Charged a late charge because they credited your payment to another account.

Applied your payment as a charge.

Mailed your check back to you with no explaination of why and then charged a late fee.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

No! So far I have not had any problems with any of my CC co's. I have DMB, PVN, CaP One, Citi, Associates, First Consumers (Spiegel).

I read about these things and wonder "what on earth?"

breeze

3. lbrown59

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I have cards with First usa, Bank1,mbna 3cards,Citi 2 cards.nextcard and peoples bank.

At one time or another I have had all of these things happen!

4. lbrown59

How banks could make more money:

Mail every bodys check back and charge both a returned check fee and a late charge,then increase the Inst. rate to 25%:

Don't be surprised if they think of this:I woulden't put it past them to try:

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

My personal favorite:

Wells Fargo- 2 accounts (MC and VISA)

Apply both payments to one account

Charge late fee and overlimit fee to the other one.

6. lbrown59

This sounds like my gas company except they turned off my gas at the other one!

7. lbrown59

Or how bout this one :
    Make a charge on a ZERO Balance -make a return and get charged a late fee for not making a payment.

8. Cid62

Cid62 Member

This happened to me with First National Bank of Marin. I had a VISA (since 1995 - yeah I know, but I've never been late, even through my credit troubles in 97). Got a MC in late 1999 or so. Set up both cards on e-pay through my online bank. Both payments went to VISA one month. FNB Marin refused to work with me (the customer service rep did not seem to understand what an e-pay was!!!!) and dinged the MC with late & OL fees. So, buh-bye MC, after that (I kept the VISA b/c of the length of tradeline thing).

Cheers,
    Cindy

9. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

The office that I work for had four vehicles with accounts through Ford Motor. Since the due date was only a couple day apart per each vehicle I would send four checks taped to each of the four payment stubs (I knew they wouldn't be able to figure out four payments on one check). Almost every other month I would have all four (separate) checks be posted to one account. I would then get late fees and late notices for the other three accounts. Luckily, these days we only have two vehicles left to pay for and I send them in separate envelopes. But, what a mess.

Dani

10. lbrown59

How About this one send 2 checks and staple them together. they credit one but not both. Ask them why they didn't credit the other one and they say they didn't get it. Happens to me often.

11. lbrown59

demand you pay 2 different amounts in the same month?

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've got one..

Paid my car insurance, wrote check for $139.02 ...

They deducted $139.02 from my checking...

but whoever processed typed $139.01 .....

insurance company actually cancelled my coverage for the 1 cent that they actually got...

13. lbrown59

Did you ever get it corrected?
    It was the insurance co.error they typed in the $139.01!

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Do you know that I sent proof over and over and they just refused, even becoming obnoxious. I finally wrote a letter to the BBB and they have an "unsatisfied" on their reports which makes me happy.

...never again!

15. lbrown59

Did you complain to the state Ins.comish?

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

This was a few years back, but you know, I think I did do that! For the life of me, I can't remember the outcome.

17. lbrown59

The party you issue the check to types in the amount on the check.
    They can type in what ever amount they want to and that is what the check will go through for no matter what amount you write the check for: !

18. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Only, they took out the FULL amount...they were not shorted the penny!

19. lbrown59

Wow thats even worse -What DUNDERHEADS !

What was their reason for canceling?

Did they give you back your $ 139.02 ?

Boy I hope I don't have my insurance there!

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I don't remember getting a refund of anything. :(

It was really dumb. I was happy to be rid of them (large company, initials SF, LOL) after this..and I went with another company and got a better rate..but, no kidding, I send them check copies identifying the markings showing it was taken out in full, and my bank statement showing it was deducted in full...to no avail.