Has This Ever Happened To You?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, May 10, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I know this sounds dumb, but they kept billing me for the stupid difference...threatening to cancel...and I just got on my high horse...and ended up seeking out a replacement company.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You're lucky that didn't happen in Nevada. My insurance company didn't include my policy in the computer tape data they sent to the state DMV one quarter and the state revoked my automobile registration.

What a nightmare that was to get fixed.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I don't have STATE HARM {ER FARM}

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Interesting note..I have further dealings with them now as I was the passenger in a car at a stoplight that was rearended and totaled. They are just as lovely as they were back then!!

LOL about your, er, error in their name.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

DaveLV

Oh, Geez, that's lovely!!! It's incredible what mistakes can wreck your life, huh??

When my daughter was born, I thought it was cute to name her like her dad by using his name and putting an "i" at the end.

Had I half the knowledge I have now (besides now being very aware of what a dipchip he is), I would not have done that to her...their credit reports are completely mixed up....

It's like I gave them an excuse to make mistakes

6. lbrown59

Re: DaveLV

You don't have to give them an excuse- as they do quite well on their own!!!

7. lbrown59

How about Awful State For All State?

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

AHAHA...this is so funny!

9. lbrown59

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    State mandated insurance is a con job!
    This hoax was pushed down our throats!

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Normally I agree with your sentiments, although you seem to randomly exclaim about a lot of things we don't really have the power to control. In this case though I disagree.

There are times in my life that car insurance would not have been a priority for me when I have been involved in an accident and would not otherwise have carried it. I'm sure I'm not alone. I believe more people carry at least minimal insurance only because it is required by the state than would do so otherwise. I think this is a good thing.

It's inconvenient when situations like the one that happened to me occur, but in the long run I wouldn't trade all of the hassle the error caused me if that would make it more likely that the next moron who hits my car has insurance.

11. lbrown59

````````````````````````````````````````````
    The insurance and banking industries are the two biggest scoundrels we do business with every day.(Or is it who gives us the business)
    One is just as underhanded as the other:

At least the bankers haven't bought the politicians in order to force us to buy their shoddy junk (ER product) [At Least Not Yet Anyway]

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I tell you, when you are the victim in the accident, you sure do see a different side ...it's really unfortunate....

13. lbrown59

=====================Rep.== and if it doesn't?

++++++++++++++
    Less than a week after the law the law took effect in ohio a guy ran into my parked truck -- guess what he didn't have any insurance so i had to pay to fix it.

Whe have laws about driving with out a license but people do it all the time.
    Same deal about insurance.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

My hometown was on the border of Mexico..where they have no such law. Therefore, it has been almost ineffective for that city. :(

15. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to say that the laws are 100% effective. I'm just telling you from my personal experience that there have been times where money was so tight that if I hadn't been forced to, I would not have carried auto insurance.

During some of these times I was involved in accidents where I was VERY glad I'd been forced to buy insurance.

In my mind this personal experience makes me believe the law is more effective than not. I realize there are people out there who will not be insured (or licensed) no matter what the law says. But I have to believe that my experience is not unique. I guess I live in a town where I'm more sensitive to favorable changes in the odds.

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I guess I agree with everyone..talk about riding the fence,eh? I truly see both sides of the story..I know that in my old hometown, the already serious problem would be even more of a concern without the law.

So...I like these kind of discussions where everyone is right! :)

17. lbrown59

Yea But who's righter?

18. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Me, of course..

:)

19. lbrown59

I'm me who are you?

20. lbrown59