Have CA ??s. Need Help.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by shport, Nov 2, 2001.

1. shport

shport Well-Known Member

Okay. I ran my Credit Report and found some collections issues. I called the CA and they told me if I sent two $200 payments they would mark the account as paid.

I then discovered this site and learned of "validation". I sent a validation letter yesterday. At the same time I received their first collection letter. It stated something about disputing within 30 days.

My question is: Do I need to send another letter to dispute attaching a copy of their collection letter? Am I fine with just the validation letter I sent?

Any help would be appreicated.

Shawn.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

No, never send a second validation letter no matter what. Send them one and that's it in most cases. There are exceptions to that "rule" but they are few and far between.

Keep all correspondence from them and copies of what you sent them. I do hope you sent your letter certified mail return receipt requested. If you did not, then you should send a 2nd validation letter if you have not received something in the mail by the 29th day after the date on their letter then you should use a 2nd validation letter sending it Certified RRR.

If you sent the first one CRRR then do not send them any more validation letters because in either case the time for validation is over and it's time to move on to the next phase which is, of course, estoppel.

3. shport

shport Well-Known Member

Perfect. I sent all five validations out CRRR. I do not have copies of the actual letter, however. I have the electronic orinigals but not what I sent with my signature on it. Will this matter?

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

No, you are in perfect shape
    Just print out copies so you have hard copies in case something should go wrong with your computer.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Very important advice: