Having positive tradelines added

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Post Junum on my Equifax CR, my CapOne and Providian Visa credit cards accounts are not showing up. Also, my Associates credit card, which is my oldest card.

Here's the skinny: should I have these accounts added to Equifax? We all know CapOne doesn't report limits. My Providian Visa is a year or so old, pretty close to the limit but no lates and my Associates was closed by the creditor.

If so, how do I go about having these added to my credit report?

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

I don't know the answer to your question. Although a couple of writers here on the board have mentioned that when an open account disappears, it usually reappears as you use the account.

But something concerns me here. Are you still with Junum? - you said "post Junum" but that can be interpreted different ways.

Do you think Junum had anything to do with 2 positive tradelines disappearing off your report.?

In my opinion, when good tradelines disappear it is usually a CRA screw-up or...

The lender quit paying and reporting to a particular CRA. As an example, one of the credit unions I blong to has a policy of only reporting to EX as it keeps costs down for the CU.

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Yes Jim, I'm still with Junum, but my Equifax CR is about as clean as Junum can get it. The last thing they disputed were my inquiries.

I don't know if it had anything to do with Junum or not. I know when Junum disputed and my Equifax report came back...it was clean. However, what Equifax SAID it deleted, they'd actually deleted much much more.

I am paying on my CapOne, Providian Visa and Associates each month as they all have balances. I check my Experian and Providian updated them last month. I don't know WHY these 3 accounts are not being updated or showed though. I would think that each month I pay them, they'd send in an update. Although, CapOne hasn't sent in an update to Experian since March.

On the one hand, I want them to show, but on the other hand, I don't know where they went or all the other negatives and I'm afraid that if I find them, the other stuff will come back also. Maybe I'll just wait and see if they appear on their own. I'll pester Providian because they are over a year old, but since CapOne doesn't report limits and Associates is closed by granter (even though it's a 12 year old card), I'll leave them alone.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

In the "Junum...I am furious" thread by Marypc; Kristi Feathers from Carreon said that she has reviewed the Junum software and that Junum is incapable of disputing any R1 accounts. R1 of course being positive accounts. That was a relief to me because I ended my highly satisfactory relationship with Junum in May after 3 rounds. I haven't actually looked at my EQ or TU reports since March so I would hate to think that positive tradelines might have disappeared. Anyway, I will put that concern out of my mind. I plan to do a little disputing myself on all 3 reports this week, so I will see new reports in July or August.

Now back to your problem. If you don't get the answer(s) you want on this thread, why don't you post an open question about disappearing tradelines to Kristi Feathers. If anyone knows, it is most likely to be her as she is a credit professional.