Hawk alert/file flagged ???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SOUTHTEXAS, Mar 31, 2001.

1. SOUTHTEXAS

SOUTHTEXAS Guest

With trans union --what does hawk alert mean?
    With equifax--what does --your file has been flagged?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Hawk alert/file flagged ??

TOPTEN STARTED...Date: 03-31-01 19:11

BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME???

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Ignore the previous poster - a joker, I guess. Hawk alert is a fraud warning. Usually on your file if you report identity theft. However, I have heard in other posts on other boards that the CRA's put it there for some suspected fraudulent activity.

"Flagged" is what we get when we use a credit repoir company, or if the CRA's believe we are using a credit repair company.

For instance, I helped my mother get an inaccurate account deleted from her report, and since I got the reports online (the combined report) I used a generic dispute form I had downloaded from Nolo law site. Lo and behold, Mom gets a letter about credit repair companies and fraud, and =asking if she paid up front for the service, and did she want to file a complaint about the credit repair company.

I don't think this "flag" lowers your score or hurts you credit. But who knows, since they have not really told us everything about scoring anyway.

The Hawk alert you should check on, unless you have reported fraudulent activity such as ID theft. Perhaps they have 2 SSN's on file, or something else wierd.

Good luck

breeze

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A HAWK ALERT can be on your report because your address comes back as a "MAIL DROP" address.

5. SOUTHTEXAS

SOUTHTEXAS Guest

Thanks guys--actually, top ten seriously wrong with both answers--don't give false answers if you don't know what the h#@$% you are talking about--
    #1--my fico scores are all 700 + on the big three(Not a deadbeat!!!)
    #2--never have in my entire life disputed any info. with my reports(knock on wood).

6. Michael

Michael Guest

Re: "NEWMAN" POSTING

NEWMAN capitalized his name and used a proxy AOL Server. Not to mention he loved to boast and brag.

Obviously SOUTHTEXAS could well be our friend again.