Hay roni about citibank (upgra

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 27, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You notice the citibank platinum select is like the staple product from them (ie generic). I noticed the CLIK citi platinum select is 2% lower than the normal citi platinum select? Did you try to get that one? (hint) let me know. ill prolly stick to platinum select, but from the looks of their website, its the bottom of the foodchain (well AA is higher interest and free, but miles).

I'm just curious, if theres more room for upgrading.

also the citibank platinum select shows a "standard 22%" interest rate, in which your rate could be lower depending on the credit situation. I didn't notice that until i perused, the lady offered me 17.X%.

the point is, did you try to get CLIK citi platinum select with 15.X% and no fee??

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Hay roni about citibank (u

My platinum select has a apr of 17.4 and no annual fee which I plan to get lowered. I dont want a click card.

roni

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

My Platinum Cash Rebate Came with a 16.9 .. I think All you need to do is speak to the rep and ask the lowest apr possible that's what they did with me. Started out with the silver at 19. something .
    Good luck

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

right newcomer. I was gonna change to the rebate card also. just havenot done it yet. For me apr is not that important. I pay my balances low each month. I like the rebate option though.

roni

5. cpr

cpr Guest

Have been reading your posts about Citibank but don't know if you have covered this before. When you upgraded to the platinum did you get your credit limits combined from the silver and gold and did Citibank run another credit inquiry?

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not Roni but I know her deal

I believe she upgraded her silver to platinum, kept her limit that she had orginally and she kept her gold account, so she has the platinum and the gold card. I don't know about inquiry I believe she was checking to see if it appeared or not.

7. cpr

cpr Guest

RE: Not Roni but I know her de

Thank you for the information.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

hi,
    Mom is right. I also noticed an inquiry from citibank a few days later. oh well.

roni

9. cpr

cpr Guest

Thank you. Your posts on citibank have been very informative.