Hay roni or other AA Citi folks..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Aug 24, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Have you gotten any credit increases without asking yet???

if so, how long, whats ur credit like..

details please..

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I received one(Feb) if the Plat. Select that I opened back in October 2000. It was only $800 but I had to call and ask, if there was any increases available without a credit inquiry, 30 minutes later, I got the increase.

I opened a Citi Dividend in March (4K). I transferred a lot of balances on this card and made large payments. Even paying it off a coupe of times. In late July, I checked the automated system and received a 1.5K increase.

I have had the Gold AA Mastercard since June, heavy balances, heavy paymenys, still no transfer. But, I hope that it will be coming soon, so that I can combine all of my Citi's into one.

I hope this helps.

Also, I always check the online system, you just never know.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Right! The online system gives you any preapproved increases based on your record with Citi. Log in to your account and click on the drop down menus til you see it. It will just say "no increase right now" or "congratulations" - then you can accept or decline - I just got my first one - $500 - 5th month.

breeze

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have my two cards since January and I got an automatic increase via account online
    in July 1.5k for each card. Received the "Congratulations message".

I have noticed that Citibank checks my Transunion Report every three months with
    two soft inquires.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yep, they do AR regularly. However, mine have been on experian and EFX. I guess TU is next.

breeze

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Unfortuantely Sam, Citibank pulls TU for all increases and I have been denied. This will probably happen until the tax lien is older. Others have gotten them however, and good for them

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

thanks roni you confirmed the same problem i am having...

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Odd, the message specifically says my account must have been opened for 6 months for an increase.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Why odd? You have to wait, then, silly. That's Citi's rule. 6 months. Then click on the increase thingy.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Any other way, you'll get an inquiry.

11. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I guess you don't get it. You said you got an increase in 5 months.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh OK, well my card was issued in March, I got the increase last week. It was five months.

So, it's been 5 months and you tried and didn't get one.......?

I dunno, wait the extra month is all I can say.

I use this card all the time, carry a small balance, make larger than minimum payments, just made double the minimum. Maybe that got me one earlier than the 6 months. I was getting the 6 month message also, but I still check to see every month.

Hope this helps :)

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Am I to understand that those of you who got instant increases didn't have to fill out a form or anything. You just selected the menu item and it gave you an answer?

14. sam

sam Well-Known Member

when you press the button to select line increase, you are asking it. It can pull a hard inquiry, it might not..

It all depends on what it feels like doing :)

Really weird. Don't waste your time on increases, get more and combine.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I guess I have to wait, then, because it gives me a form to fill out and submit a request.