Hello gang - Update (Long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 30, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Since I've been on a hiatis around here, I just wanted to give you an update.

Junum Round 2 Trans Union results:
    Junum disputed 4 or 5 things (2 different times) and only one was removed. Mind you, I don't even know what that was so it's possible that that particular collection shouldn't have even been there. M&M Collection...never heard of them.

I went out of town and came back, Junum has sent over MORE disputes. Trans Union has been pretty nice about not barking but this time, they sent that "if you're using a credit repair company" letter. Figured. I haven't had a chance to contact Junum but I'm going to call and tell them to "pull up" on the Trans Union disputes.

On a side note, I was at Belks Department Store buying luggage for my next trip. And of course, they have a credit card and you save 10%. The luggage was already 50% off so I thought, another 10% would be great. Funny how when you start this process, you pick up the applications and look at the bank name and try to figure out which CRA they pull. My friend was with me and she says, 'What are you looking at'? I just laughed...she doesn't understand yet.

Anyhow, Belk has their own bank in GA so I said, "Great, they'll pull Equifax". Equifax is my pristine CR. I applied and was approved for a $1000 CL. I'm on a 30-60-90 day plan where you pay no interest and pay 1/3 of your balance at 30-60-90 days. Worked out well.

Last thing, I called my credit union to find out which CRA they use...Equifax...WHAT A RELIEF! They have a 12% debt consolidation loan (unsecured) that I'll be applying for to get rid of my higher interest credit cards. They also have a Platinum Visa at 11.99%. But they don't offer balance transfers for it. I'm glad to hear they use Equifax because I was going to use them for my car loan in a few months. In the words of PSUGirl...GO ME!

Oh yeah, and although folks are complaining about Discover, I'm certainly GLAD to have gotten my first PRIME credit card....I'm on my way....AMEX FOR CHRISTMAS!

Shantel

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Shantel,

Congrats to you on your new cards. Nice work.

Yesterday, I thought of you because I remembered when your Equifax report came back clean. Tuesday, I had that same euphoric experience! The investigation results from my last Equifax report came in and the remaining three derogs were gone! What a wonderful feeling!

hehehe Maybe I should move to Georgia, since Equifax seems to be the bureau of choice there. Here in California, Experian seems to be the preferred bureau and that's my worst report. It definitely still needs some work.

Like you, I applied for the Discover card. I had received one of those infamous preapproved offers in the mail. But, unlike you, I didn't get it. Unfortunately, Discover pulled Experian. But that's okay because I can certainly live without the credit and I'll take that as a sign that I shouldn't apply for anything for a while. I'll continue to work on what I have and assess where I am in six months. What I was really looking for was a decent balance transfer offer. But maybe I won't need it if I can get some of my higher-interest cards paid down.

Anyway, nice going and continued success. I don't think you have to rise from "sub prime hell" anymore. You're already out. :)

Donna

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hey Donna,

You may want to apply for the Juniper card. I think they pull Equifax exclusively.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Donna,

Thanks for your kind words. Isn't it funny how we think of our "Creditnet" family when thing revolving credit come up? When I got my Discover Plat, I said, "I gotta go post on Creditnet"...now THAT is pretty sad.

My Trans Union and Experian are still pretty bad. My Trans Union has 7 or 8 negative things...3 or 3 collections and my dreaded foreclosure..as does Experian.

I'll let Junum tackle Experian again for round 3 and if I get no satisfaction, I'll think of hiring Lexington. If they can get that foreclosure off my report, I'll tackle the rest of the negs.

Oh and my Retailers account with those negatives....it's still showing up on my Trans Union so it's listed with my negative accounts. They are making me angry, so I'm going to have to go there with them.

And until I have Amex Blue...I'll still rising but my head is definately above ground now.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Marci

Marci,

Thanks much for your suggestion to apply for the Juniper card. It's a good idea but I don't think I'm quite ready.

My Beacon score has improved but not enough.

Because of some recent new credit, my score had dropped from 641, to 621. (new accounts really do have an impact.) Anyway, now that my Equifax report is clean, my score jumped to 675 and I'm quite pleased. To qualify for Juniper, my score needs to be at least 680, I think, so I'm going to wait. In six months or so, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

Donna

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks, Marci

Congrats Shantel,

You are doing great. By the way, I am no longer a Junum client. They were great but there is so little negative stuff left on my credit reports that I no longer need a credit restoration firm at this time. Maybe later but not now.

Keep us posted.

7. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Re: Juniper

A short comment on Juniper. I applied for a Nextcard and a Juniper card the same day. I believe they pull different CRA's. Next was approved immediately online and Juniper was denied immediately online.

Juniper cited a long list of reasons so I have requested my Equifax report to find out what caused them to deny it.

The point is that I heard Juniper was a lot easier to get than Next.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Tom65432

Thanks for the info on Juniper. I appreciate it and will definitely keep it in mind, if I decide to apply at a later date. My understanding is that, in order to qualify, an applicant needs a minimum score of 680 and I'm still five points away from that.

I'm glad you had good luck with Nextcard. I didn't. A year ago, I applied and was rejected. Even though my credit has improved significantly, I'm still hesitant to submit a second ap. Maybe, for the next six months I'll stay on the wagon and then I'll assess my options.

Donna

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Tom65432

I HAVE 690 F.I.C.O.
    Denied JUNIPER, have NEXT CARD.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Tom65432

F.Y.I. JUNIPER IS CLUELESS...They are former FIRST USA people...('NUFF SAID)

They said I have too much credit.
    They gave me NO credit for my 23 years of PERFECT payment history!!!!
    All I can figure out is that once you get their card you are going to change your ways...START PAYING LATE...GOING OVER LIMIT...SKIPPING PAYMENTS...(GUESS THE CARD HAS SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES COMING OUT OF IT).

ANOTHER CLUE THAT THEY ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS, IS THAT THEY SAID SOMETHING LIKE..."WHEN WE ADD THE AMOUNT OF THE CREDIT LINE WE WERE GOING TO GIVE
    YOU...YOU WOULD BE OVER EXTENDED". BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT...I WOULD
    OWE THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY...JUST TO DIFFERENT COMPANIES, AND WITH ONLY 4 OR 5 MONTHS @ 0.00% , IT WOULD BE PAID OFF RATHER QUICKLY SINCE
    THE "GO TO" RATE IS LIKE 13.99% OR 15.99%!!!