hello world

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mikewood, Aug 22, 2003.

1. mikewood

mikewood Member

Hi, my name is Mike and I´m from Michigan. I´ve been reading your messages for a few months now and per the Doctors orders have been enjoying my newbie status. I am currently serving in the Peace Corps in Guatemala and decided that while I´m here I should clean up mine and my wifes credit. We have paid off everything so we are only dealing with Fully Paid Creditors here. Most of our problems are with old collection accounts, like old bills (all less than $200), and even a Pizza place! All are being handled by differen CAs, so I will be dealing almost exclusively with CAs. I do have one OC on there too for an old credit card. I´m going to start with Docs slightly revised Validation letter for fully paid creditors and see how that goes. I´m also going to send everytying certified. Of course I can´t do that from Guatmala but I´m just going to package up my whole pile, mail it home and have someone there take them all to the Post Office.

Anyway, I do have some questions which I will post in other messages.

Thanks to all and nice to meet you!

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Have you tried disputing directly with the CRA's first? You might have some luck, and save some money.

3. mikewood

mikewood Member

I have in the past, but its been a while, so maybe its worthing having another go.

How do you usually dispute CRAs? In the past I have used their web submission forms, but I think I´d prefer a letter, I feel like it might be taken more seriously

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I prefer Certified Mail (I know its a pain for you - but mine has paid off more than once). Then you have a confirmed date of when their 30 day clock starts ticking.

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board, Mike.