Help ! AA Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I have a question for the board. When you have applied for AA Citibank did they approve right away or did you have to wait for them to approve you. Or if you were denied did they deny you right away or sent you notice in the mail.

I am a little nervous, I researched the board and read alot about others' escapades with the AA Citibank. I am hopeful because I did not get an immediate denial, which is what I am used to getting.

I would really like to get this card to do some balance transfers and climb out of subprime hell!

Any feedback wwould be much appreciated :)

Cyprigirl:)

2. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl, when I applied it took about 1 minute online to give an approval with credit limit,card #, and exp date.

3. Cyprigirl

Really, I guess that does not bode to well for me then, oh well I tried.

I will keep my fingers crossed and my toes,, lol.

Thanks, mindylou :)

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean you are denied, necessarily. Sometimes people who were not immediately approved got a card anyway. There is a new business number on their site, or call the regular number next week and they will tell you.

breeze

5. mindylou

My credit score is 635 with eq and ex if that helps you any Cyprigirl.

6. Cyprigirl

Cool, thanks for the info, breeze!

I will call them later on in the week. I am just don't want a wasted inquiry. But if I am denied, I am still waiting on some disputed items which should have my EQ report cleaned up in a month and then I will ask for reconsideration. Just a back up plan:)

Also around what score did most people on this board get approved for the AA Citibank (not gold)?

7. Cyprigirl

you read my mind Mindylou,,,lol.

8. mindylou

Cyprigirl I almost forgot to wish you good luck, but you probably don't need it if I can get that card its pretty easy to get my credit isn't great but I'm working on it.

mindy

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Mine was 650.

Cypri, if you have some negatives, that might make them take a second look. But it doesn't mean that you have been turned down, there are people on here who got the card, but didn't get immediate approval. Sometimes they check your other reports also if you have negatives, to make sure they haven't missed naything.

breeze

10. Cyprigirl

Thanks Mindy, I am also still working on mine, but I am looking for a prime lender, that will allow me a balance transfer option.

I applied to Next card and they offered me the secured 300 limit card, they pull TU and that report has the fewest inquiries, so I gave it a try. I refused this card and sent them back an email turning them down, I kinda of liked that feeling :)

If you had a similar next card offer, did you accept and how has it been with next card?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.I.C.O. DOESN'T always mean APPROVAL/DENIAL...I have F.I.C.O. 698...IF I APPLIED RIGHT NOW...I WOULD BE DENIED!!!!
    GUARANTEED!!!

12. mindylou

Nope, not for me. Last time I applied for nextcard got turned down flat, which is usually what happens when I apply for a card.

mindy

13. Cyprigirl

I used to get denied all the time from Nextcard, and I was soo excited when I saw I was approved, then clicked onto the next page and my face :{ ,,, LOL.

I think its as bad as First Premier with all their fees.

First thing this morning, I fired an email back denying them,,,hehehehe.

Are you on a Blacklist George?

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Are you on a Blacklist George?
    ------------------------------------
    MUST BE...

15. Cyprigirl

Oh well!

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I was just teasing George. He just doesn't fit anybody's profile at the moment. :) I would be ticked too, George.

breeze

17. mindylou

George I know what it is, those ccc know "they" are "not" good enough for you. Good things come to those who wait, well thats what my mom told me anyway , hang in there George.

mindy

18. Cyprigirl

Mindy that is the tough part is being patient.

Has anyone on the board accepted the secured Nextcard and how long did it take for you to get unsecured or CL increases?

Thanks, Cyprigirl:)

19. Cyprigirl

Breeze I have a quick question.

Does the 30 days start from the moment they receive notice or does it begin from 5 days after the receive it.

From how I read the statute investigation begins from the day they received it and then they have 5 business to begin contacting the creditor or CA.

But experian and TU likes to use the 5 day excuse when you send it by mail. I am beginning to think that online disputing is better because once you place your online dispute, the process has to begin immediately, whereas mail, I think they stall or they get behind on the mail.

Thanks,

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The statute says 30 days from the date they receive it. I think that is why many people use the certified return receipt mail.

Recently, I did one online with Experian, and they gave them selves 90 days, LOL. I sent a leterr, saying, nope, it's 30 days.

Most of the time, I wouldn't quibble about the 5 days unless they are giving me a hard time in general. Then, I am difficult too.

Again, most of my credit repair is over, and I am just constantly correcting mistakes. That part never ends.

breeze