Help ! AA Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I know I just checked my equifax report and an item that was investigated and deleted about three weeks ago and the CA and creditor cancelled the collection (long story) and on Friday it popped back up on my file again.

It says it was reported on 4/2001, so now I have to go and bring this to their attention. How do you get the agency to do a hard delete that way things don't keep popping again.

Cyprigirl:)

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

3. Cyprigirl

i don't have it in writing but I had similar problem with EX and I contacted the collection and within 2 days the same CA removed the item from EX. I have a personal contact who told me if I had further problems to contact her and she would have the matter resolved quickly.

I will be calling her on Monday, I don't think they did it, I think EQ tape is 3 months behind and when they reported this item the CA had not cancelled the debt yet.

But I will get a letter this time just in case any other problems cropped up in the future.

Thanks Breeze for the statutes, I am going to start sending them and highlighting them with my letters to the CRA, CA and Creditors in the future.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

yeah, I do that too. It helps if they know you know. :)

breeze

5. Cyprigirl

I know some people on the board have said that the more simple the letter the better.

But I think you should write a professional letter, who are you going to take more serious, someone ranting and raving in their letter. Or someone who coolly (I DO MEAN COOOOOL,,) explains what you want done and that you are aware of your rights and if pressed you will pursue them against the agency.

Personally I would be more apt to take the latter more seriously.

But I have heard the other way works too. But who knows what really works with the CRAS

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think both ways work. If I try one, and it doesn't work, I use the other. I was talking to a clerk of court a few weeks ago, very calmly explaining the situation, she just as calmly responded - but her answer was not right. She was obviously the kind of gal who would be an Oprah fan (I am too). So, I kinda faked getting upset, and a got little colloquial, and said, "but listen to me, girlfirend, everybody tells me the same thing, and what they just don't get is this: if this isn't fixed, my credit is screwed!!

She fixed it real quick. hahahaha

And I thanked her profusely, and told her she had made my whole week!

breeze

7. Cyprigirl

that was a good one breeze,, LOL

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

About that AA Citibank, I didn't realize Alcoholics Anonymous sponsored a bank card. I'll bet "denial" is a really big no-no with that crowd.

Randy

P.S. Sorry.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AMERICAN AIRLINES

:)

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Randy, you're too much!!

breeze

11. Cyprigirl

ROFLMAO ,,, AT Randy!

12. Cyprigirl

breeze

Do you know when the statutes were amended, I was under the impression that the last amendment was in 1997, because I looked at some credit repair books that I read and the words are different.
    Tha books I have are from 1999.

And I remember last year when I first started cleaning up my credit, the credit bureaus loved touting that they have a reasonable time to conduct investigations and it may take between 30 to 45 days and now the statute reads differently.

It now says specifically they have 30 days and that it begins on the day they receive notice. RR (Return receipt) becomes very handy in that respect.

This really helps the consumer, thanks for the heads up!

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The 1999 statue says the same thing - 30 days, allows 15 additional days if additional informationis received from the consumer. :)

The CRA's have their own way of interpreting the law.

This is correct, and at the top of the page, it explains what updates have been incorporated.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#611

breeze

14. Cyprigirl

it also says that they actually have less than 30 days because it must be ready to record and or delete the status before the 30 days.

that might explain why things sometimes get deleted or "verified" before the 30 days are up.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#611

"the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer"

This bit information will be very helpful with TU because They received my letter on June 4 and it was July 6 on Friday and they still were not done.

I am going after them on Monday:)

15. Cyprigirl

does Citibank AA card give email notifications of approval or denials?

I am still holding my breath and waiting to hear from them.

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

No, not that I know of. Maybe someone else knows something I don't. ;)

breeze

17. Cyprigirl

Thanks breeze!

18. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

When did you apply for the AA Citibank? I have a number for you to call if you haven't heard yet.

19. Cyprigirl

Thanks, Mist

I appreciate it!

20. Cyprigirl

Well, I got the news today!

Not good, I was denied. Citibank says that I can't have any negative items on my report in order to qualify for their card.

I was under the impression that Citibank is little forgiving but they wouldn't budge and the credit analyst refused to let me speak with a supervisor.

Now its back to the drawing board with a wasted inquiry.

I think Citibank has something against me. I have never been able to get a Citi card even when I was in college, they refused because I was not 18 years old and another time because I did not have enough credit, now they are saying because of serious delinquency and they don't go by a scoring model, they look at your whole report.

I am glad that others were able to get through with Citibank, but they turned me flat down. Oh well, life moves on......