Help ! AA Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl,
    I am so very disappointed for you that you did not get the Citi card you wanted. If you really, really want it I'm sure there's a way. Have you thought about writing their Credit Analyst or Applications Department a letter with your argument for why you think you are no risk? They've already said no so it's worth a try. Certainly couldn't hurt.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Mist.

I had not thought of that. I am waiting on a couple items that are being deleted from my credit file, I thought they were already but not as of yet.

But as soon as I get an updated copy I will try to write them.

I am getting a little weary from dealing with these CRAS and CAs, I will have to draw more strength just to get a decent credit card.

I am really beginning to think that these subprimes are just a waste of time, I tried to explain to the Credit analyst at Citibank, that I have 6 CC and I gave not missed one payment on any of them. She did not care all she kept saying was that I had some current and past delinquencies. She could not approve my application. I tried to explain but I just did not have the energy.

I know I will get everything cleaned up and they will come calling.

Just venting!

Cypri

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T GIVE THEM THE TIME OF DAY...WHEN THEY COME CALLING!!!

4. Cyprigirl

Thanks, George!

I think Citi is out for me. I am sure when I have my report cleaned up and I am licensed and practicing and making a decent living, they will come calling and I will send them packing.

Its just a little frustrating, but I will be patient and wait for what I really want and that is AMEX and MBNA.

Cypri

5. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl, I'm sorry about the decline been there, done that. It will happen give it a little more time. My report has negs on it judgements and collection(UP) and I got the card I just don't understand why you didn't get yours maybe it was a fluke for me, some computer glitch or something, just have to wait and see if I get the card.

With deepest regrets,
    mindy

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Cypri, your day will come. Just keep up the good work.

breeze

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I had so-called "PRE-APPROVED" CITIBANK mail...but was DENIED...(they even had stickers with APPROVAL# and AUTHORIZATION#).

8. Cyprigirl

Thanks, mindy, breeze, and of course george....

I am not going to give up, but Citi has left a bad taste in my mouth three times and I think that is it for me with them.

I will not give up, I will just be more patient.

I can't say that CITI is all bad because they really helped me with a problem with Experian.

I wrote to them via PF and I received immediate help.

So maybe I won't totally close the door.

But the Credit Analyst was very snotty and made it seem like I was a criminal trying to steal Citibank's card.

Oh and catch this,,, she said that if I indeed have all negatives removed, I can resubmit my updated report and then they may consider me for the card.

It took all my patience not to tell this woman about herself and her lovely Citibank.

But I realize she was not worth the aggravation.

So who knows, i will just keep doing what I am doing and not let it bother me.

Cypri:)

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Cypri,

I think you got the same rep I got. There are bound to be some nice ones there. I'm going to try talking to them again soon. If I get treated the same way, I am going to write a letter complaining about her rudeness. You are right, she is snotty.

I didn't argue with her, I just wanted to know Citibank's underwriting guidelines. She acted like nobody should give me a card. LOL

I think she must be one of these gals...

http://www.shitibank.com/

There's a dissatisfied bunch there, it seems. As big as Citi is, it's not surprising.

I have a Citibank card (she didn't know that, I think) and that is the only time I have been treated rudely.

I'll find a nice rep, and get a name for you, as soon as one of my cards updates. :)

breeze

10. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I still think you should write to them, Cypri. Show tenacity, which you have in abundance, and go after it.

If you can get thru to them in writing by "reasoning" with them in an intelligent way I am certain they will feel compelled to at least review the application. I would try to find out a name for the Credit Manager for the AAdvantage Card and address it to him/her. I'm sure they would also be interested in the direction your future is headed. Citi is looking, just like Amex, for those customers who will, in future, take advantage of their other products, such as investment and retirement portfolios. You will potentially be one of those clients. Point that out.

11. Cyprigirl

Thanks breeze and mist!

I really appreciate your words of encouragement!

Breeze: if you do find a decent rep please let me know.
    I read the site, its funny even Citi employees complain about Citi. If yu get the name of the CA, please let know also I would love to send a little note to the CEO about her manners. Maybe she will get an attitude adjustment,, hehehehe

Mist: I have to admit, I am a fighter and I don't like to lose. I will reconsider it seriously and set up a well-thought out "reasoning" as to why I should be approved. It's time to think like a lawyer and act like a lawyer in this case. I just realized that I have channled soo much energy into the CRAS now its time to deal with credit card companies.

Thanks again!

12. Cyprigirl

Does anyone have a name of the credit manager for Citibank credit card services?

I tried to get the name but ms. citibank refused to give the name.

Actually it makes the challenge even more interesting for me now.

Thanks in advance1

Cyprigirl:)

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Try asking on the shitibank message board, LOL. Most of them work there. Just post as "anonymous," and give them some reason they'll like. I've been wondering if we couldn't get information from them some way, LOL.

I was thinking about trying it.

breeze

14. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, CypriGirl, they just did that to me too. I applied 3 months ago and was denied because I had delinquincies less than 2 years old. I faxed them my report and pointed out that they were 5 years old or older. Then they said my balances were to high. So I paid my balances down, got 1 negative removed and reapplied. They denied me again, only this time they said I could have NO delinquencies. When I brought up the previous application, The rep ignored what I was saying and told me to apply in 2 years when there were no delinquencies on my report. I give. They will never get my business.

15. Cyprigirl

jzilla were you applying for the Citibank AAdvantage card?

I don't know it seems like Citibank is all over the map with their approvals.

16. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

yep! Citibank AA. Strange how their standards go up and down like that.

17. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl,

I continuously get invitations to apply for Citibank cards so a while back I applied for one and was denied with the standard general reasons like public record and previous delinquency blah blah blah. Well while reviewing my Equifax report last month I noticed an unauthorized inquiry in February by Citibank. So, I wrote to them and asked them to delete it because I had no record of re-applying for credit with them. Here is there response:

"Thank you for contacting our executive offices regarding an inquiry from Citibank reflected on your credit profile.

You indicated in your letter that since you did not apply for a Citibank account in February 2001 you are requesting e remove the inquiry from your credit bureau report. Our records reflect that an application for a Citibank Master Card was received; however, it was denied due to a previous Citibank Visa account that was considered a loss to Citibank. Because of this, we much respectfully decline your request to remove the inquiry since it was the direct result of a request for credit when your application was received."

The letter is signed by Jess S. Boyle, Manager.

All I asked for was a deletion of an inquiry for a line of credit I didn't apply for. Instead I am being told that I did apply for credit and was declined for a loss they incurred almost 10 years ago when I filed BK-7. However, no signed copy of a credit application was included in this response.

So now we know that Citibank never forgets and they like to dance. I think that if I ever dig my way out of subprime I'll try Chase.

Manny

18. Cyprigirl

The rep ignored what I was saying and told me to apply in 2 years when there were no delinquencies on my report. I give. They will never get my business.

------------------------------------------------------------

That rep had some nerve, telling you that.

I don't know Citi Credit Analyst have some real issues.

How does she know what your life may be like in two years?

I am a little bothered by their snotty attitude.

Anyway I got an invitation to apply for a Citi card for ABA members and its with a whole different department than the Citi in South Dakota, I have until 9/30/2001 to apply. Hopefully I will get that one instead.

I am down to 3 negatives which all have Zero balance and one of them will be reinstated without lates, and the other is going to be removed because it was charged off in error and I then I am disputing the last one.

19. Cyprigirl

I don't know Manny, it seems that Citibank has selective memory.