Help! Applying for Mortgage!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

We am applying for a construction loan. It has been two years since we had a Bk 13 which was 98% buisness, was taken care of with in 6 months.
    We have had perfect credit since. Have established over 10 new accounts, but only a couple report to any CRA's.
    Besides the Bk showing on our CR's we have three CC reporting neg: Capital One & Providian dishcharged in Bk/charged off, Wachovia Dishcarged in Bk/Closed. All three go back to last use 12/97.
    Is there anyway to get a lender to look beyond this. My FICO with Equafax (which is the only one who got anything right)is 751, but my husbands & my Experian & TRW are all at 560.
    I have tried for a year to get the other two correct. Trw never answers me & Experian keeps sending the paper work back with a form to fill out.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Becky

2. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

Re: Help! Applying for Mortgag

I'm sure every lender is different but when I filed BK years ago, we applied for a home load after it was discharged 3 years later and was told by my lender that the disacharge needed to be atleast 2 years old. On the other hand, my sister filed BK a couple of years ago and her bank is telling her they will give her a loan after 1 year of discharge. Probably want to call your lender and find out what their policy is.

Misty

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Re: Help! Applying for Mortgag

The lender dosen't seem to have a problem with the 2 yrs, but more the way the three CC are listed on the CR. The big difference in FICO scores. Since I am getting no where with TRW & Experian.
    The lender mentioned something of having a company that get the reports corrected in 3-4 days. BS or possiblilty?
    Thanks
    Becky