Help... AT&T is haunting me.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nick123, Sep 18, 2003.

1. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Help... AT&T is haunting me

You are creating an excellent paper trail. If you haven't sent the CRA's the back up documentation during disputes as before, go ahead and send it this time (they have to consider your information - even if they really don't!). Cover all your bases.

2. nick123

nick123 Member

I've been writing my own letters until now. If I send an actual letter and packet of information to the CRAs, are there any sample letters I can look at?

I want to basically say that I have contacted AT&T Wireless twice, they have ignored me, and here's the proof I sent them...

Should I send them the copies of the check and the checking account statement from 3 years ago?

3. slykens

slykens Active Member

Well, as I noted above I filed against AT&T. The District Court sent out the summons on August 27. AT&T's Executive Response department left me a message to call them on September 18 and I returned the call on September 22. September 24 was the day they had to enter notice to defend. Just as before I left a voice mail at the number they asked me to call and they did not return the call.

I can't believe that AT&T is not more excited to try to resolve this before the court date. They did respond to the court and have entered a Notice of Intent to Defend.

I can only assume they think *I* am ignoring *them*. Why should I chase them down to try to settle; I've got an air-tight case against them and a date in court already set. I've got no worries in this situation and am looking forward to a, "I find for the plaintiff for $1000 together with costs." I just can't believe they don't see it coming and want to avoid it.

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Help... AT&T is haunting me

Yes! That way when the CRA's refuse to consider it - you have two avenues to proceed to get the $#@# removed.

5. nick123

nick123 Member

Re: Re: Re: Help... AT&T is haunting me

What do you guys think of this letter I'm sending Equifax:

Equifax Information Services LLC
    P.O. Box 740256
    Atlanta, GA 30374

RE: AT&T Wireless Account # xxxxxx
    Social Security Number: xxxxxxx
    Credit File Confirmation # xxxxxxxxxx

I am currently disputing this account. I have tried to contact AT&T Wireless for the past three months regarding this dispute. They have yet to respond. My last contact attempt included copies of the actual final check they deposited on Xxxxxx xx, 2001. I have enclosed the evidence and certified return receipts showing AT&T Wireless has received these notices, and the actual notices sent with this letter. This account is closed, settled and should not appear on my credit report.

AT&T has refused to validate this information, has not responded with an original contract, invoices or evidence of this account (in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.) I have provided evidence showing that on Xxxxxxx xx, 2001 this account was paid and closed. I demand that this tradeline is removed from my credit report.