Help. EQ results, can't be right

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ElorraM, Sep 4, 2003.

1. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

I got my disputes back from Equifax. They have this horrible new layout to their reports; makes it so much harder to read. Anyways, many items on my credit report are obsolete as they are older that seven years.

EX did not take any of these obsolete items off. At the bottom of each item it says:

" Once an account has been openned, the acct may appear on the credit file for 7 to 10 years from the date of last activity.

Ten years?? Since when. What should my next step be. This is a Filoation of the FCRA isnt it?

Please advise.

2. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

Um I also just realized that statment says 7 to 10 years from the date of last activity. Is that the date of first deliquncy? Doesn't sound so.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Negative accts may stay for up to 7 years. Positive accts may stay for up to 10 years.

4. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you are referring to Equifax or Experian. But the negs generally fall off 7 years from the date of the last delinquency or when you stopped paying last. If you are fairly sure you are near or past the 7 years, give them a call and ask them to delete the negs.

Or you can write them and wait a month and a half for the negs to come off.

5. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

You guys arent understanding me. I did write them and tell them they were older than seven years. They wrote on the results that it can remain for 7 to 10 years! So even though it is older than seven years, it is not older than ten. They make no distinction between postive and negative listings. Negative are supposed to remain for seven and postime ten I thought?

Well these are all negative.

6. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

Ok I just called EQ. She was trying to tell me that one of them is two months shy of 7 years. I was like yeah but it says on the results page it can remain seven to ten years. It does not say that it is 7 years for negative accounts, 10 for positive.

That really burns me. They are making this report harder to read on purpose. If you have not seen the new format, it is a nightmare. All these lines and boxes everywhere with "status codes" which are basically numbers that represent something else. So you look at the key, for example and see that a 2 means 30-59 days past due.

There is something seriously f-ed up in our society where a corporation can get away with packaging its product to be as confusing as it can be to hinder people in realizing inaccuracies and misinformation. They want you not to notice if something is wrong, it makes money for them. I think I am going to write my attorney general about this. It's absolutely ridiculous. There needs to be more regulation of the CRAs.

/rant off

7. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

I don't care what she says. Call them back and ask them to remove it as the time limit is up. Tell them you want to dispute it as 'not mine' and rather than waste their time with it they will just delete it. Haven't you been reading this board?

8. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

My disputing it is not the question I was asking. I just couldn't believe that had that statment under the negative item I dsiputed.

Actually I'm going to re-dispute it with EQ along with a request verifying the procedure they used. Conjointly I will be send a nut-case type letter to the original creditors. How's that for reading the boards? :p I won't take no for answer believe me. Especially when I know those items are older than seven years and have come of my EX report already.

9. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Elorra,

How did you dispute it the first time?

Not Mine?

???

10. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

BKs can stay 10 - that's probably where they are getting the 7-10 years. What kind of tradelines?

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Help. EQ results, can't be right BUMP

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''