Help, has anyone had Sears removed!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I am really having a hard time with Sears. Can someone please tell me if they have had success getting Sears removed off their report.

I got it removed from my TU file but I had nothing to do with it TU just took it off.

The others I am sure I can eventually have removed but sears is very stubborn.

And which creditor is the hardest to deal with regarding verification?

Thanks a bunch!

Cypri:)

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    Sears is a Citibank product now. I just received a pre-approval from them so I have confirmation of that.

Mist

3. Cyprigirl

Hi Mist,

When did Citibank buy out Sears Credit Card!

wow that is interesting!

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

OOPs, I had put an insert from a Citi offer in the Sears envelope. I'm wrong. Citi did not buy out the Sears cc bus.

5. Cyprigirl

oh ok no problem!

6. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

I got Sears MC removed from all three reports. I disputed them as not my account, and I didn't run into any problem. I wonder why you're having a harder time?? Good luck to you!

7. Cyprigirl

really!

Did you do it on one try?

I don't know but I am going to try until I can get it off because that is my main problem fight now.

Thanks
    Cyprigirl:)

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Help, has anyone had Sears remo

Yes, I do. I wrote to my local credit bureau to dispute the collection accounts from Sears .I dispute the Sears Card collection debt is over 7 years and it shoould remove from the credit file. It came back itremoved fro TransUnion. It was a couple years ago and sometimes you took chances either they removed or stayed. By the way, I got back Sears Card from them two years ago.

Ron.

9. Cyprigirl

Re: Help, has anyone had Sears remo

well I have to say I have been dealing with the collection agency and they have been the difficult ones. I have not disputed with Sears yet , but I plan to and I am currently requesting validation from the collection agency and its been about 3 weeks and I have not heard a word from them but they are continuously reporting it. So I have them on FDCPA violation in that regard.

I am giving them one more week before I send another letter and request validation.

But I just realized that Sears may be reporting the item wrong anyway, so it might come off on that alone.

Thanks,