Help Help Help !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lsmith15, Aug 27, 2003.

1. lsmith15

lsmith15 Well-Known Member

I am in negotiations with TU lawyers and they r boxing me in a corner . I have a settlement offer from them in the low 5 figures but when I settle they want me to sign stating everything left on my credit report is true and accurate.......My problem is I disputed 6 items online with TU in May and have never heard back from them or received and updated credit report in my settlement offer I wanted those 6 items removed but they r refusing to give in stating that they the CRA does not have to remove it even though they did not respond to me.......My Question is ........are there any FTC opinion letters or anything that I can throw back at them to back up the fact that they have to remove these items.......or should I just cut take the money which I could use right now and just move on ? any help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

3. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

I'm new and probably not the best person to take advice from but I think if it were me I'd hold out for those to be removed since they didn't respond to you if they are derogatory and wouldn't that prevent you from removing them in the future?

Would those 6 items end up costing you more in the long run if you had to leave them on there for 7 years?

4. lsmith15

lsmith15 Well-Known Member

Hot Damn Jlynn I could kiss u right now.......I am gonna fax over to TU lawyers a counter offer stating that I will except nothing more then the deletion of the 6 other itmes I requested or no settlement.....I will take on to court. BIG BIG HUG and KISS FOR JLYNN ....I hope ur a lady. LOL

5. Stunning

Stunning Active Member

Jlynn that was so kind of you. It is refreshing to see some of the helpful people on this board who offer acts of kindness consistently! Like a "family"!!

Good luck, lsmith 15!!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents!! :)

STUNNING