HELP ! I have 100 inquiries.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JimmyW, Jan 23, 2001.

1. JimmyW

JimmyW Guest

I have just received a copy of my Equifax report, due to the fact that I was declined from Discover due to excessive inquiries in the last 12 months. I was astonished to see that I have 100 total inquiries for the past 2 years. What do I do. Other than this my report is clean.

I have purchased 3 companies over the last 3 months and merged them in with mine. Every single creditor pulled my credit for every purchase that was made. These are transportation companies, so every single vehicle creditor pulled, every single gas company pulled and everysingle creditor in general pulled.

Is there anything that I can do about this, I have written to several of the companies that pulled multiple requests, but they wrote back, all requests for your credit are valid. Please help. Thanks.

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: HELP ! I have 100 inquirie

Normally Creditors only look at the last 6 months of inquiries, and wish to see no more than 3!

Not much you can do other than stop seeking credit either personal or corporate. If it is for corporate reasons send them a copy of your report and explain why you can't have any further inquiries.

The only other thing you can do is explain this to the new creditor, but most will not care. Best to just stop applying!