Help Me Jesus!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Frank, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank Guest

Only moments ago a Next Card rep in new accounts told me that a 450-500 Fico Score was good enough to get at least a secured Next Card.

Holy smokes! I hope she isn't dumb but is telling the truth!

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Apply!!

I infer that you want the card and that the rep encouraged you to apply. Let us know what happens.

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Apply!!

If that is true, then Nextcard has lightened up their approval criterion. They have denied people with scores in the low 600's.

I'd like to see what happens as well.

Marci

4. Frank

Frank Guest

I hear you. That is why an inquiry will hurt my credit score if I get turned down. My Fico is in the low 600s. I will keep you posted.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Just about anyone will approve a 400-500 score for a 100% deposit secured credit card.

The secured card at nextcard is the same as the net 1st card. They balance out your account to the max credit limit, then any time you pay them your balance goes down and you can charge on it.

This is the bottom of the dregs secured card. Pay a yearly fee, then pay a 100% deposit and pay interest on top of that? no thanks.

plus nextcard customer support sucks. I had to hold 3 times for over half an hour to tell them to cancel my card..

stick to providian or capitalone.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Nextcard

Since Nextcard has a secured card and your credit score is in the loww 600's, I think it is a good bet that you will get a card of some type (maybe better than secured) when you apply.

As long as you have no credit problems for the last 2 years. This is just my opinion from checking out the Nextcard website.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: sam Re: Nextcard

Sam, your post interested me. Did you have the secured card with Nextcard? Did you have any good experiences with them?

Thanks

8. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Re: To: sam Re: Nextcard

What I don't get here, is I have a low to mid 600s FICO and got turned down. If a secured card is one of the possibilities, why don't they just come right out and say, hey you qualify for a secured card from us, here is how you get it. Instead, I get an inquiry and no card.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Not sure, they offered me a secured card, then offered me an upgrade to a $59/year unsecured $300 card.

That sucks. I could get an orchard card with the same limit and a $29/year fee.

Plus the fact that i had to wait 30+ minutes per call to get through customer service tells me this company sucks.

I can't stand waiting on the phone, and aria/cap1/citibank all have responsive customer service without the wait.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Concerned,
    I got my Nextcard approved two years ago and I had four charge-off accounts in my reports. Nextcard pull reports from TransUnion and Experian.

Ron.

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I was denied for all Nextcard products last March. FICO of 645.

Best regards,
    Sam